Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bottom Bouncing vs. Bar Fishing  (Read 2221 times)

krustybra

Bottom Bouncing vs. Bar Fishing
« on: July 20, 2006, 10:58:26 AM »

Hi there...I'm very new to Salmon fishing (especially in the rivers), and I was just wondering what the difference is between Bottom Bouncing and Bar Fishing. I got a diagram of both the "rig set-ups" from the Fishing & Tackle store in Hope; so I know what both set ups look like, but I don't know what the difference is? Also, why is bottom bouncing "frowned upon" by some fisherman; and why does the DFO ask us to avoid bottom bouncing? 

I'm anxious to learn the proper salmon fishing etiquette so that I don't hurt the fish, or brake any laws. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Krusty

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Bottom Bouncing vs. Bar Fishing
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 11:07:05 AM »

I would suggest if you have the time review alll the previous posts on this subject as there is lots of them once again this season. I feel they will be helpful to you and it will prevent another debate on this subject that can turn into a headache for our monitors. ;D

joshuag232

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2006, 11:08:53 AM »

im pretty sure bottom bouncing catches more sockeyes then bar fishing and sockeye is not open right now

Nina

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 11:11:02 AM »

Hi krustybra, as Chris said and if you haven’t already done so, make a forum search on bottom bouncing and barfishing. I’m sure most of the information you need is already available. :)