Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fishing line  (Read 2490 times)

JiG_Head

Fishing line
« on: July 18, 2006, 11:21:50 PM »

Looking to buy a new type of super line

my choices:

PowerPro
TuffLine XP
P-LINE spectra X
Yo-Zuri hybird line

Well ive used tuff line and know what its all about... im showing alot of interest towards the yo-zuri line... can anyone tell me more about it? or what would be your choice and why
the shyt talker.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Fishing line
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 11:38:37 PM »

I like the Tuff XP. Unlike the normal Tuffline, it does not dig into your line. Doesn't fray as much and it's easier to untangle.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 01:33:03 AM »

I have heard that Power Pro is better than Tuff, is it true?  Have any one tried both? How about the cost comparison?

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 02:47:25 AM »

I've had a chance to try both and i find that the tuff line xp to be easier to untangle and to tie verse the pwr pro.The pwr pro reminded of the first type of tuff line that came out by the way it feels,as for cost I'd didn't notice any difference.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 02:50:08 AM by scruffy »

norm_2

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 08:21:26 AM »

I like Power Pro over Tuff Line XP for 3 reasons.  One is there is a better wax like coating on the PP so it casts smoother.  The second is Tuff Line has bits of line end which stick out (like knitting yarn) and PP does not, so there is a lot less water drag with the PP.  The third is PP is twisted tighter than Tuff Line.

JiG_Head

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 12:11:47 PM »

ive seen both powerpro and tuff line in person... the powerpro seems stiffer because of its coating.

but ive yet to see a yu-zuri line. 

hmm  ???
the shyt talker.

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2006, 01:10:46 PM »

I agree with FA and Scruffy Tuff Line XP is less problematic.  Talked to a guy on the weekend who lost a fish because his Power Pro dug in.  I bought Power Pro once,  I got a birdsnest the first day out that dug in so deep I had to cut off all the line.  I believe the wax like coating is what causes this.  With TUF Line XP birdsnest are very easy to undo.  Just put your thumb on the spool, pull on your line until you reach the first couple loops that are catching and the rest undoes itself.  Power Pro and TUF Line XP have the same diameter.  Yo-Zuri Hybrid is a copolymer blend of flourocarbon and nylon.  It is a strong line (under rated strength) with good knot strength, stealthy, and low memory.  I haven't seen it for sale here but last time I was in the states I picked some up from Wal Mart.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 01:58:37 PM by Eagleye »

phatwop

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2006, 02:28:21 PM »

How are these choices compared to the Maxima or berkley line? Is there a big difference? I'm curious as I've only ever used Maxima or Stren and would like to try something new out.

thanks

Looking to buy a new type of super line

my choices:

PowerPro
TuffLine XP
P-LINE spectra X
Yo-Zuri hybird line

Well ive used tuff line and know what its all about... im showing alot of interest towards the yo-zuri line... can anyone tell me more about it? or what would be your choice and why