Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser July 16  (Read 5897 times)

The_Other_Gman

Fraser July 16
« on: July 16, 2006, 05:00:32 PM »

A bunch of us met up at the Island 22 boat launch this morning and headed off for some barfishing.  Methinks nets do good work as early in the day nothing was going on, that was followed up by a bunch more nothing and then some more nothing.  Finally guysfishing below us got one on, then it was off, and then there was more nothing.  Couple hours later my rod starts dancing.

Picked up the rod, reeled in slack, set the hook...FEESH ON!  ;D  ;D  ;D  Took a cursory run down river but not much of one, played the fish for a couple minutes as the crowd gathered before the fish finally showed itself to be a mid-teens spring, first with a swirl on the surface and then clearing the water with a nice jump.  Score cards weren't handy but I give it an 8.  While I'm fighting the fish I hear talk of a net and the lack of one, I was asked if I needed one and as we'd have had to borrow one and the closest people were a fair distance away I said no, I can just beach it.  The fish wasn't giving me a whole lot of fight so I decided  to get it over with and get it on the beach.  It came easily into the shallows and I was just about to take a number of quick steps back to beach it when 1 last flop :o  :o  :o  and out comes the hook.  :'(  :'(  :'(

It was one of those things where the fish had about a second to make it's break and that was all that was needed.  Another 2 seconds and it would have been on the beach, so close I could already taste it.  Moral of the story, NEVER say no to a net.

The fast action was quickly followed by gobs more of nothing going on.   5 were left out fishing when I left.  Hopefully they have better success to report.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 05:04:42 PM by The_Other_Gman »

The_Other_Gman

Re: Fraser July 16
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 05:03:47 PM »

BTW, nice meeting everyone that came out today.  I won't list who as I know I'll miss someone.  Special props to our ferry captains.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 06:07:16 PM »

Well no sign of big steel on here so that only means one thing. Skunked again. Maybe he went to the veddar to try his luck there. ;D ???

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 06:21:43 PM »

Ya nice meeting you guys, although we did not land any it was still a nice day. Nuggy,fishfreak,roeman,roekid,bigsteel,g-man,fishfreaks friend,  cohocody and jamie attended the trip. Also bigsteel had in his bag a wig and some makeup ??? ???.. brokeback ??? ??? ;D ;D ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 07:37:47 PM »

Well he did say he was going to bring his girlfriend.

I thought she would be more than just a wig and some makeup though. ;D

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 08:07:42 PM »

Well he did say he was going to bring his girlfriend.

I thought she would be more than just a wig and some makeup though. ;D

Hahaha!!! props to that!

flyfisherman

• addicted to flyfishing
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 08:11:01 PM »

;D I would of moved his rod and then shook a bell by his head, or better yet from a distance. ;D

With the rod holder lying on the rocks w/o the rod :D
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 08:14:51 PM by flyfisherman »
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 08:16:40 PM »

What's BS up to in that picture ?

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 08:37:03 PM »

it was nice to meet everyone out there today. it was a good day, except for my badly sunburned face with the sunglass tan around my eyes ::)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 08:59:48 PM »

ahhh so someone did take a pic of that ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 09:22:58 PM »

Its ok Bigsteel,ThickRick and I are gonna Light up the forum Board this weekend with BIG SPRINGS  ;D
This weekend it was supposed to happen right? ;) Just kiddin boys, nice day to be out on the water it looks like anyways. Thanks for the report. :)

FishiN AddicT

• WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 10:09:58 PM »

Well it was my first time barfishing the Fraser today and it was great coming out and meeting all you guys also.  Lotsa thanks to Jamie and RoeMan for providing rides across the river.  Although i didn't get a sniff of anything, except us skunked guys  :P all in all it was quite an experience.  I did come home with a nice RED......................................sunburn.  Concentrated on bringing the mosquito repellent, but totally forgot about sunscreen. 

What's BS up to in that picture ?

He was just giving his girlfriend a head massage.   I think she had a little bit of a headache.................

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2006, 10:12:54 PM »

Damn shes got hairy legs. I open other places arent like that. ;D ;D ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006, 10:13:51 PM »

ahahahahhaahahha  :o
weeeeeeeeeow!