Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Skagit River Info  (Read 1860 times)

Bradbeer

Skagit River Info
« on: July 09, 2006, 07:49:39 PM »

Hi all,

I have been thinking of going to the Skagit River for the weekend. Has anyone been there lately? If so how was the fishin’? I would like to go to the Silver tip campground. Has anyone got any reports on that too? Is it crowded on the weekend? Do I have to get there early?

Thanks in advance!!!
Brad

James

Re: Skagit River Info
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 03:36:41 PM »

As with most popular rivers/lakes , it is always best to go during the weekdays rather than a weekend . I believe the best fishin is between the 26mile bridge and the Rohdadendron(sp?)Parking .
Be careful of the gravel road though , my friend went there on the July 4 weekend , and had 2 flat tires ! , And he was driving a truck too . The tow truck guy said that during that weekend , he had already towed out 12+ cars due to flats . He recomends atleast a 10 Ply tire , 12-14 ply being ideal .
I have never been to the skagit , but hope to this summer . That is the bit of info i can pass along to you right now . Sorry it aint much .
Oh yeah , I remeber hearing that the water levels were a little too high last week , and that it will be better at the end of the month , depending on rain and snow pack melt .

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 05:02:04 PM »

Good to park at Manning and hike down trying fly fishing spots along the way, bad for bottom bouncing anytime. Never tried up from Silver area.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

hifly

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 02:22:06 PM »

I was up on the 1st of july fished the lake with some good sucess and hit the river on the 2nd water was lower from previous years at this time and i did fairly well with gold ribed hares ear nymph fished under an indicator in the slower waters out of the main current, not much in the way of good hatches going on but im shure thats changed now, water should be down a bit more now so wadeing wont be as risky. seen 2 bears while fishing up near 26 mile later in the day so keep an eye out.
<*))))>{

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 02:46:02 PM »

I might be heading up there sometime this summer, I hear the scenery is second to none.

Bradbeer

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 05:34:49 PM »

Thanks guys,
I can’t wait… common weekend. I’ll let you all know how it goes. Gold ribbed hair’s ear eh?

Brad
 ;D