Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser River Sockeye Closure, Selective Fishing Method  (Read 30252 times)

rickjames_2

Re: Fraser River Sockeye Closure, Selective Fishing Method
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2006, 09:13:13 PM »

i say we all give up on the fraser and have some good old fun fishing the Vedder! ;D haha

P.S. (just kidding)
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.

All Tangled Up

• Go Fish!
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2006, 09:58:48 PM »

Not that I think you ignored one of my questions but I was generally curious about foul hooked fish while barfing. Does this happen very much??

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #77 on: July 15, 2006, 12:22:23 AM »

I guess the anti flossing guys are programmed to consider sockeye fishermen snagging fish, doesn't matter DFO does not consider it snagging. They make their rules to justify their attacks with name calling.There is no need to debate this subject as all points have been debated over & over again before. I think a search will turn up plenty of points. I recall last year even Ironogin gave his interpretation of the definition of snagging as defined by DFO from an outsider's perspective as he is on the Island. If I recall it, he does not consider flossing snagging as defined by DFO.

I am happy to be called a recreational fisherman & take my sockeye under that title. Let all 'nappers' who catch a fish during dozing claim that title 'sport fisherman' if that mode of fishing is that sporty.  :)   In the end, as some posters suggest, DFO does not consider our take significant enough to even bother. If people are fishing legally, it is their choice, not yours. Fish in peace.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 12:25:16 AM by funfish »

fishinfrenzy

« Reply #78 on: July 15, 2006, 05:27:13 PM »

I agree, take responsibility with yourself and your beliefs. It will make you wiser. Let other people do the same whether you agree or not. I honestly have mixed feelings about flossing as I am sure most people here do if they are honest enough to say it.  Anyway, next topic please.

FishinFreak.

marshal

• Hook Chucker
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2006, 11:01:39 AM »

Someone posted earlier (previous page) about bb'g resulting in fish being hooked on the outside of their mouths.
Every fish I've ever caught bb'g was always hooked on the inside of the mouth, even in the lip....

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2006, 12:37:15 AM »

There are some BBers who seem to hook a high % of their fish in the mouth compared to others. If BB is a random act of flossing, I cannot explain why some folks are having that high% in the mouth consistently.