Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any Weaver Lake Reports?  (Read 1846 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Any Weaver Lake Reports?
« on: June 15, 2006, 04:53:40 PM »

My buddy was asking me about Weaver lake today at work, said he was thinking about going up there!!  So I told him that I know absoutely squat about Weaver Lake!! :o ;D  But I might know someone who does!!  That someone being you fine souls on here!!  So if you have any reports or tips for that lake, that would be great and I will pass them along to him!!  Thanks.  ;) :)

Dave
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Randog

• Ultimate Sportfishing Adventures
Re: Any Weaver Lake Reports?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 06:34:10 PM »

My Buddy was up there last weekend and he did very well, and he left today for three more days up there. Largest fish caught last weekend was about 15". Hope this helps

R'Dog

WestEast

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 08:56:26 PM »

I was there last Sunday, my first time. At 9.30am the parking lot was full, and of course all the campsites were occupied..... bottom line, it's not the wilderness. I used my v-boat, and flippered my way along the dropoffs out to the narrow waist, then headed along the shoreline back around to the island. All in, about 4 hours. Landed 5 out of perhaps 10 strikes. Largest at 16", smallest 6", others around 10-12". All were taken over shoals and dropoffs, 8ft - 18ft.  Nothing over the deeper water. Used fast sink line, flies were black micro-leech, green damsels. Used my TFO #3. I'd go again... but I'll opt for my pontoon with oars to spare my thighs the bay crossing.

It's a prettier lake than, say, Jones. And the wind was no more than a light breeze.... not like the gales that blow through Jones. However, don't go here if you are looking for constant fish action, or a wilderness experience.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 09:23:08 PM »

Thanks guys, I will pass on the info!! ;) ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

James

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 03:14:25 PM »

I may be mistaken , but isn't the access road kinda rough ? or a key is needed ?

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 06:23:45 PM »

Not exactly Weaver but close by...I was at Francis on Sunday and we had some success of halfback nymphs on a floating line.  Nice small hatch going on and black chironomids were hatching.  Swallows and fish were dining nicely.  Nice little lake, first time there.