Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sprott lake  (Read 1100 times)

rymack

• I'm a llama!
sprott lake
« on: May 08, 2006, 01:06:36 AM »

heading over to sprott lake on the island next weekend.  wondering if anyone has heard any reports or has any suggestions for this time of year.

i will have a boat and will most likely be flyfishing
thanks

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Re: sprott lake
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 11:08:05 AM »

Do you mean Sproat Lake just outside of Port Alberni?

Haven't been out there yet this year (just back from 2 months chasing springs offshore) but heard a few of the ladz have been doing OK. In previous years, the best go-to pattern was sockeye alvien and fry patterns, fished subsurface of course. Best locales were the mouth of the Taylor, and Two Rivers. Likely good again this year. Take along a few flying ant patterns as well. Although early, if you do happen to be there when that hatch comes off, you'll be in for some amazing surface action!

Another consideration (my preference actually) is Great Central. Larger lake, so a larger boat required obviously. But the cutties in ther grow to truely amazing proportions! Same arsenal as noted above, but toss in a few stickleback patterns and you have it covered. The key there is creek mouths  ;)

Cheers,
Nog

rymack

• I'm a llama!
Re: sprott lake
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 11:22:05 PM »

thanks alot for the info ...and yeah i meant sproat.  i must have been too tired to notice.