Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Favorite Fishing Lure BAR NONE? Fresh or Salt...  (Read 2198 times)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
Favorite Fishing Lure BAR NONE? Fresh or Salt...
« on: March 16, 2006, 07:36:01 PM »

Ok guys..thought I'd put this up for conversation...

What's your favorite fishing lure BAR NONE?

For the River? For me it's a HOT yellow Spin 'n Glow with HOT PINK spots, a large one!

For the chuck it's a large cut plug herring, rigged FISHIN' MAGICIAN style...deadly. For a lure, I'd have to say a certain TOMIC plug when the big 'uns are around, or for a spoon, a Clendon Stewart in 5.0 size with 232 colouring. For hootchie, it's a top secret commercial colour. 

What about yours?
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Favorite Fishing Lure BAR NONE? Fresh or Salt...
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 07:45:25 PM »

Sorta depends on area but for saltchuck lure army truck hootcie and cop car are a draw and ushually a decent bet.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 07:54:07 PM »

Too many choices to have one favourite. Really depends on which river and what season

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 07:58:13 PM »

Salt - Buzz Bomb (any colour), got my first salmon on it, but fish primarily bait in the salt nowadays. Entertained myself for many hours in the summer jiggin these off the boat I work on (picked up some nice lingcod, my boss hooked a ~20 lb spring on one using a kids dinky fishing rod (scooby-doo I believe...haha :D ))

Fresh - Gibbs Croc (hammered with either fire wings or side-strip), hammered gold with fire-wings has been nicknamed the "coho killer" by my dad, it's caught far more coho for him than anything else he's ever thrown, I don't seem to be able to get $hit all on it though  ::) ;D

I tend to fish a lot of bait (roe, herring, chovies, etc), but these are the lures I got started on before switching over to bait (isn't it meant to be the other way around... :-\ )

Close runners up would have to be Blue fox spinners, and I don't count this as a lure, but it's artificial, flasher tend to make a bit of a difference too.
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 08:45:02 PM »

My favorite for the Vedder is no longer available, was the copper version of the Gibbs Silvex (which aren't that good of a lure). Have one left I'm afraid of losing. Even wrote the company asking for any old ones lying around, they told me to harvest gravel from the Fraser.

Saltwater lure....buzzzzzz bommmmmb. Matches my personality to a zzzzzzzzzzzzz. And you don't get all stinky playing with dead herring (which makes great mudshark bait)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2006, 09:06:29 PM »

My favorite for the Vedder is no longer available, was the copper version of the Gibbs Silvex (which aren't that good of a lure). Have one left I'm afraid of losing. Even wrote the company asking for any old ones lying around, they told me to harvest gravel from the Fraser.

Saltwater lure....buzzzzzz bommmmmb. Matches my personality to a zzzzzzzzzzzzz. And you don't get all stinky playing with dead herring (which makes great mudshark bait)

Ya know..if you check out some of the older tackle places like Army and Navy and what not..you can find some oldie but goodies out there...I once picked up a box of 12 Tom Macks in half/half in the 4.5 inch size with excellent Eagle Claw hooks for $2 a couple of years ago...never know what you'll find.

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

Reservoir Dog

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2006, 09:19:10 PM »

One word. Rapalla :)