Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The U.S. solved the problem, catch fewer fish!  (Read 2188 times)

Old Black Dog

• I Volunteer!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: The U.S. solved the problem, catch fewer fish!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 10:26:53 AM »

Wow!!! that is quite the read... do these so called "EXPERT" advisers have any frickin clue what they are talking about??? loss of habitat is the problem.. I think that Hatcheries are the only thing keeping stocks alive..fish farms...sea lice... blah blah blah.. are these people serious??? makes me so angry.. I guess they figure it is more important to fight losing wars and spend billions of dollars on that ,than it is to spend money in the right places and keep slamon species from going extinct...it is always about the mighty dollar... when are they going to remove theior heads from their a$$es and see the light??

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 12:04:16 PM »

You got it right Rick.

An interesting tid bit I got at the OWC meeting, I attended to at the Sportsmans Show, was how little impact letter writing campains have on the government. Media influences governmental decitions. If they could see all the negative press they get on forums like this, they would make changes. Any ideas Rod?

Print media infuences voters, and voters put governments in power.   
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 12:59:57 PM »

Opinions in discussion forums do make a difference, as you never know who is reading these. ;) Whenever an important issue emerges on here, I send them out to the network of my contacts in the ministries, and your opinions do make an impact.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 04:49:17 PM »

When you drive along the Columbia river in Washington it's a series of small dams that must have a horrible affect on those returning salmon. Considering it use to be the biggest producer on the west coast. I thoght they were decomissioning alot of those? Power companies just don't have to spend 100 million on habitat when a few million to politians will have the same (haha) affect.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 06:58:58 PM »

you should see how bad it can be in californication, money talks and water rights for farms that produce nothing but are paid by our governments subsidies to do just that is total b.s. We DO have groups etc. doing a lot to try and change things but it's an ugly battle in a lot of spots.