Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Doesn't this remind you of Sockeye fishing ???? March 11th Vedder  (Read 5072 times)

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Doesn't this remind you of Sockeye fishing ???? March 11th Vedder
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2006, 11:26:36 PM »

I fished there once.

flyguy44

• who's a lama
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2006, 08:54:51 AM »

one thing that didn't remind me about sockeye fishing was the presence of the conservation officers. I was checked twice today and was glad to see them .
ANY DAY ON THE RIVER IS A GOOD DAY

ko

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2006, 10:24:24 AM »

what needs to happen at lickman , is about 10 guys good fisherman all getb there really early get a spot all fish with centerpins,and spread out , any guys that come in too bad ,and watch guys try nto get in all day

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2006, 11:08:47 AM »

Thats great, IMO all those guys should just stay on the vedder so I dont see them ruining the rivers I like to fish.  If there is ANYONE here who can say they enjoy fishing like that I'd like to hear the rationale.  Ive always wondered what the appeal could possibly be.....for me when its busy like that its borderline disgusting.

Ribwart

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2006, 11:37:48 AM »

I think the majority of people that fish spots like those are only concerned about the catching, and not the sport (ie: meat fishermen)...so it follows that they aren't so much concerned about the quality of their fishing experience as they are with bringing a fish home...so be it, I don't have a problem with that, there's plenty more river for me to enjoy in relative solitude...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 12:26:48 PM by Ribwart »

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2006, 12:28:49 PM »

steelie man, take a look at the looong leaders and the way those guys have the float aiming backwards because they are dragging the bottom with their weights. most of those fish are being slapped in the face with the leaders.
Fish on!

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2006, 01:31:47 PM »

Maybe somebody needs  shopping cart it like they did before
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Ribwart

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2006, 01:38:42 PM »

yeah, prob a high incidence of snagging with that technique

Mod adding it for Rib :) : ps: It is clear in hindsight my above comments were somewhat narrow minded in labelling others as meat fishermen, not only did I have no idea there was a derby going on but my generalization was unjust, and I would like to apologize for any offence it may have caused..
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 12:19:59 PM by Rodney »

johnny

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2006, 02:07:07 PM »

Thats great, IMO all those guys should just stay on the vedder so I dont see them ruining the rivers I like to fish.  If there is ANYONE here who can say they enjoy fishing like that I'd like to hear the rationale.  Ive always wondered what the appeal could possibly be.....for me when its busy like that its borderline disgusting.
While I enjoy the "hunt" and solitude of the river(read: getting out alone) I do enjoy seeing others have success while out and about. As long as there are good people around I don't mind fishing in a crowd(within reason). Part of the enjoyment of fishing for me is the comrodery with others I don't know strictly because of this common interest. I enjoy bar fishing because it gives opportunity to wander around and meet other anglers. There is nothing "disgusting" about people(who are likely newer to steelheading) upping their chances of hooking one by fishing in a productive run as long as the method is legal and ethical.

The readers digest version is: To each his own.

:)
Never let the truth get in the way of a perfectly good story...

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2006, 04:21:17 PM »

I am not sure about the flossing but I know that if you flogged the fish with roe bags of shrimps enough time, it will get pissed off and snap at it.

I know people that fish that run that use 12" leader and still get fish.

I just cannot fish with that many people around me. Kudos to the people that doesn't mind fishing in that kind of stressed out condition.

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2006, 04:30:11 PM »

I was there today what a joke that spot is.But In the ten minutes of watching them I saw 2 fish landed in ten minutes.I went all over the river today with no luck .

darmin

« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2006, 06:49:27 PM »

wow! i remember when the vedder was strickly catch and release before the hatchery you were lucky to see anyone

Reservoir Dog

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2006, 07:22:50 PM »

PATHETIC

I cleaned up this picture, removed the twigs, and put the red dots, all to count 11 clowns in the same patch of water.

This is really sad.

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2006, 07:33:11 PM »

Well Steelie man, of course you can catch fish with a 12 inch leader...its just that no one at that spot has one usually.  Of course there are some genuine fishers in the bunch.
Fish on!

stryker 07

• Piss on work,gotta go fishing
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2006, 07:56:49 PM »

Imagine standing there fishing and some beek slams his rod into yours as he"s trying to rip set the hook because his floats sinks due to his dredging teqniques.You wind in and on your next cast your upper half of your sage rod is now a 3 piece drift rod......................... :o

Need i say more.......................... :o

BEEKS
Please honey can i go fishing now???