Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Non-tidal Fraser Valley Pink Catch Limits  (Read 6055 times)

Sandman

• Old Timer
Re: Non-tidal Fraser Valley Pink Catch Limits
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 03:02:33 PM »

I stated why and taking more than 1 is within the catch limits. In the Fraser - both tidal and non-tidal the limit is 4 as it is in the salt.

I was asking for information not  lectures but that's all I got. Unfortunately that's not surprising on any angling website in 'Beautiful BC", "The Greatest Place on Earth", excepting some of it's citizens. ;D

My family love the taste of pink salmon. I know how to id the one's suitable for table fare. The last couple of weeks I have been catching easily more than 4 silver bright fish with salmon lice on them - each morning on the water.

Cheers & happy fishing.  :-*

First off, I apologize for not having an answer to your question and choosing to post a reply anyway.  Secondly, I was not "lecturing" you for keeping your limit (you are welcomed to keep whatever is legal), rather I was expressing my own befuddlement at why the limit on the  Fraser is 4 fish (just as you were wondering why the limit on the tribs is 2).  While you obviously disagree, I think the limits  should be lowered to 2 on the Fraser, rather than raised to 4 on the tribs.  My family loves pink salmon too, and are going to enjoy the meal from the one I brought home yesterday.
Not all those who wander are lost

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 03:59:34 PM »

Maybe the reason for the limits in the tribs is two because of spawning reasons. They might need so many fish back to maintain a run and if guys are keeping 4 rather than 2 it could affect the amount of fish coming back.

Also with the limit being 4 on the Fraser and 2 on tribs it might be in the minds of the people who decide this that it keeps most of the meat fishermen on the Fraser as opposed to the tribs as they can keep more.

Just a thought.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 11:32:48 AM »

I like bbron's idea to keep it at 2 at trib. That way, most guys are pinned down on the long shore line of the Fraser and there is some room to stand on the Vedder.  ;D  When I go to the Vedder, the target is any colour than pink.  ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 10:22:36 AM »

Regarding this topic earlier in the season, I made an effort to find out exactly why the difference in daily quotas while I was in Europe but have just gotten the answer.

The reason was quite simple.... The website was not updated and the quotas should have been the same as the Fraser River. ::) That correction is to be fixed on the website, not that it matters as the season is now over.

Anyway, it'll just be one of several concerns which I will bring up at the next SFAC meeting so we can avoid this again in two years from now.

I've also emphasized this many times in the past, more should become involved at these SFAC meetings and direct dialogues with DFO instead of debating among each other based on speculations.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 02:57:34 PM »

FWIW I emailed the same question to DFO very shortly after posting here since no one else had a clue. So far I have not got a response.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

fishbandit66

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 05:32:33 PM »

The reason was quite simple.... The website was not updated and the quotas should have been the same as the Fraser River. ::) That correction is to be fixed on the website, not that it matters as the season is now over.

Ha I wonder how many lives were spared due to this simple human error.