Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Careful out there!  (Read 2832 times)

Steelrr

Careful out there!
« on: July 17, 2006, 12:22:01 PM »

Most of the members here I'm sure a privy to the dangers of the mighty Fraser. But please take care when wading in the river> I heard of a couple guys that got swept away at the weigh scale bar the other day and nearly lost it. The river has claimed many lives over the years , don't be the next one.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: Careful out there!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 12:26:35 PM »

this is very true.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 01:51:24 PM by Rodney »
weeeeeeeeeow!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 01:06:16 PM »

Good reminder Steelrr

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 01:52:42 PM »

how we all forget how mighty the fraser really is,just remember it's only a fish not worth it for our safety.

fishfinder

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 03:34:05 PM »

I don't understand why anyone would even need to wade knee deep at the Scale bar??

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 04:27:27 PM »

I don't understand why anyone would even need to wade knee deep at the Scale bar??

It's the old monkey see monkey do routine. First guy wades out, second guy arrives, thinks the first guy knows what he's doing and wades out and stands next to him and so on and so on. Pretty soon a chorus line forms. Most fish are caught close to shore yet they are all casting to the opposite shore.

drift

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 08:10:25 PM »

I only wade Knee deep and thats as far as i go through flowing water, still water is a different story,
Same here!

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2006, 11:58:02 AM »

If one guy wades out.. now you can't cast because he's standing infront of you... making you wade out.. next guy.. same thiing.... once I didn't bring waders so I just went off to the side and casted out and hooked a fish :)

mikethesportsfisher

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2006, 03:12:06 PM »

Just cast behind them  ;D it works.

Mike <"))))))><

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2006, 05:10:33 PM »

It's the old monkey see monkey do routine. First guy wades out, second guy arrives, thinks the first guy knows what he's doing and wades out and stands next to him and so on and so on. Pretty soon a chorus line forms. Most fish are caught close to shore yet they are all casting to the opposite shore.

For those who don't know scale bar, particularly at this time of year, there is a large shelf that extents quiet some way out. If you were to stand ankle deep and cast as far as you could you would still only be hitting 3 feet of water. Instead of doing this most people elect to wade far out onto this shelf so that they are able to cast out and hit the travelling lanes. Also, these people are trying to get their lines out into heavier water as to avoid sockeye so that adds extra distance from shore needed.
Actions speak louder than words.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 07:23:15 PM »

That's true about scale bar you do need to get out there because there is one travel lane that is a bit of a cast to get to. If you want springs you need to hit this lane other wise most days you get nothing. This is also true for the sox's. Nine out of ten hooked(when  in August) also like to use this lane when the water drops.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day