Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What a morning ! Sept. 10, 2007  (Read 2149 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
What a morning ! Sept. 10, 2007
« on: September 10, 2007, 11:02:58 AM »

Thanks to a tip from a friend, I arrived at the "secluded" spot at first light. It was quite cool first thing in the morning and I was quite thankful I had a fleece jacket on. The first hour was quite slow with a few fish showing. I managed a brief hookup. I was ready to pack up and head to another spot when I spotted a few risers moving upstream. Little did I realize what I was in for. The few risers were the precusor of a massive run of pinks migrating upstream. Soon there pinks jumping and rising everywhere ! I have never seen a bigger congregation of pinks in my life. This run continued for well over an hour. I had countless hits on my trusty spoon. The best part of the morning was that there was not a soul in site. ;D (Something to be said about fishing on a weekday). While I was fighting one of my countless pinks a gentleman out for a morning walk offered to land the fish for me. As he was climbing down the trail I told him to be careful as the rocks were very slippery. Not to worry he said. Famous last words. He took one step and landed on his butt ! He was stunned for a few seconds but got up determined than ever to land the pink. Unforgettable morning !

adriaticum

• Old Timer
Re: What a morning ! Sept. 10, 2007
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 12:57:31 PM »

Would this secluded spot be west or east of Port Mann bridge?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 01:36:32 PM »

Good to see you finally popping the cherry, with some assistance. ;) Still waiting for my Big Macs. ;D

Rocks along dykes are incredibly deceiving. Too often I've seen people trekking on them without care and injuring themselves. Once I saw one gentleman tumbling down from the very top into the water after stepping on a loose rock. Be very careful people, the noggin doesn't usually win when colliding with a rock.

David_R

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 02:06:13 PM »

With my boots and agile climbing skills I have been able to succesfully navigate them so far, a couple of odd steps here and there. I do agree a lot of care has to be taken.

However I've had more trouble with my clumsy fingers when changing lures, I lost some terminal tackle down the cracks already, luckily I was able to overturn one rock to save my bass popper fly (wind caught it), and my spoon thankfully caught on the pocket of my pants with its hook before it dissapeared forever.

Hungry rocks people, they will eat up your tackle box.
Congratulations on your haul. Too bad I work 9-5 so I'm usually a weekend and evening warrior.

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 02:10:13 PM »

Hey Fish Assassin,good to hear you finally slaying them.Did you bring mario along ;)

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 03:30:04 PM »

Hey fish assassin.....with the commercal openings you better get your fish while you can . Wai Kin wants your phone number ? He also wants your brothers number >

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 03:42:41 PM »

Hey fish assassin.....with the commercal openings you better get your fish while you can . Wai Kin wants your phone number ? He also wants your brothers number >

Keep up with the harrassment and I'll give him yours ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 03:58:39 PM »

Would this secluded spot be west or east of Port Mann bridge?

West