Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1357459 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #2040 on: January 08, 2016, 08:39:39 AM »

Dave's response to the Chilliwack Progress might get posted, but they are not going to post long winded diatribes that some people like to post on here.  :o ;D
Right on, a letter needs to be concise and to the point.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #2041 on: January 08, 2016, 09:29:25 AM »

« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 09:38:04 AM by Fisherbob »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2042 on: January 08, 2016, 12:57:06 PM »

You guy's should start a facebook page.  ::) Help you post some buggy information beyond this site.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #2043 on: January 08, 2016, 01:10:09 PM »

You guy's should start a facebook page.  ::) Help you post some buggy information beyond this site.
If you were not so selective on what you want to hear, you would notice those sites already exist. I know how much you like to hear about Mortons family TB. This one stays a classic:)
http://youtu.be/0QsCrFANMzc
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 01:14:20 PM by Fisherbob »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2044 on: January 08, 2016, 01:30:48 PM »

Why would I want to know about Mortons family? You got a case of Mortonitis and it's making you itchy to keep mentioning her? Maybe you got the hots for her but I don't buddy.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #2045 on: January 08, 2016, 02:11:00 PM »

Why would I want to know about Mortons family? You got a case of Mortonitis and it's making you itchy to keep mentioning her? Maybe you got the hots for her but I don't buddy.
The bunk you like to hear does not fall far from the tree. Just saying dude. :)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2046 on: January 08, 2016, 02:22:10 PM »

If your hearing things go get help. You meant to say bug I think? The bug you hear came from the tree.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2047 on: January 08, 2016, 02:53:27 PM »

Something positive on sockeye salmon, pleasing viewing for a Friday afternoon. http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/blogs/scientist-captures-amazing-aerials-massive-alaskan-sockeye-salmon-run

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #2048 on: January 08, 2016, 07:00:12 PM »

Dave's response to the Chilliwack Progress might get posted, but they are not going to post long winded diatribes that some people like to post on here.  :o ;D

Feeling a little left out? Kind of happens when you turn to Wikipedia for your information. That was funny.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #2049 on: January 08, 2016, 07:25:53 PM »

Thanks for taking the time for these posts. I hope you along with Dave will take the time to write a letter to the Chilliwack Progress explaining to the public your response to the story.

As very few read this thread it would be good for others in our area  to see the other side of this topic from you 2 that have so much information on how we have nothing to fear from FF.

Send your letter to this address. editor-Chilliwack Progress <editor@theprogress.com>

Looking forward to it. Happy New Year and good fishing.

Thanks for the suggestion but considering the freedoms and rights we enjoy in this country I imagine Dave and I would like to exercise those - not unlike what you do when you dodge recent questions from Bob.  Some of us post on here not for the high number of members but rather for the fair and diligent moderation that discourages bullying, intimidation and personal attacks.  I could care less if there are 10 members or 10,000 members on here.  I could care less if these posts that we do on here don't make it out to the general public.  For some of us at least, this is sort of like having a bunch of guys (or gals) that meet up at a certain place during the day in a moderated forum to discuss fishing or topics related to fisheries like this particular one - where the topics are the issues not the poster.  If you are uncomfortable about what people like me and Dave post on this board then why don't you start up your own blog where you can censor what is being posted so that your message is the only one being heard. Morton and other farm critics like Dennis Reid already do this.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 08:07:05 PM by shuswapsteve »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2050 on: January 09, 2016, 07:35:51 AM »

At my age I donot get uncomfortable about very much these days but maybe my aching body at times. :P

And yes meeting places like the 'Long Table' here in Chilliwack that Dave attends has its fair share of discussions on FF.

Hope you have a good weekend and thanks for continuing for posting on this topic.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2051 on: January 09, 2016, 08:59:54 AM »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2053 on: January 09, 2016, 09:24:34 AM »

http://discoverynewvariantisav.typepad.com/

"When accidentally introduced to Chile from Norway in Atlantic salmon eggs, the ISA virus lay dormant for many years without an outbreak. Then in 2007,  a highly virulent strain appeared, HPR7b, that killed so many farmed salmon it cost the Chilean salmon farming industry $2b in damages.  Chile has not successfully eradicated European-strain ISA virus. Chile does not have wild salmon and so impact was confined to the salmon farming industry."

Won't happen hear according to the resident experts.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2054 on: January 09, 2016, 11:12:55 AM »

Another who doesn't believe it ...

http://bcsalmonfarmers.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/BCSFA_ISA_Statement_January82016_F2.pdf

But Dr. Gary Marty is a paid shill, right?