Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Steelhead gone wild , Feb 07  (Read 3641 times)

allwaysfishin

Vedder Steelhead gone wild , Feb 07
« on: February 07, 2006, 03:01:32 PM »

I just can't get enough of this addiction I am hopelessly wired too. We hit the lower in that run everyone knows about hehehe and arrived shortly after daybreak to find 6 or 7 other anglers had beat us to the punch.... on a tuesday??!!!!?? Sure enough, a bunch of retired guys  ;D hehehe. Settled in above everyone and began the usual routine, roe bag, prawn tail, blade back to the prawn tail and 2 nd cast with the fresh tail an hour into fishing... I finish my drift start to reel in and wham fish on, no hookset was neccessary but i drove the hook home anyways.  A short but fiesty battle ensued and a 9/10 lbs wild doe comes to rest in my hands.
A while later moving down the run i have cycled through the jensen egg and wool, roe bag, gooey bob , prawn tail..... nothin. I decide to make one more cast with the prawn then take a break for coffee and a smoke. I flip a cast into the closest seam and as the float gets to the drifts half way point , down she goes. I set the hook and completey miss the fish. I try two more casts with the prawn through the seam and nothin. Not wanting to give up just yet, on goes a 50/50 hammered colorado and soon it's on it's merry way through that oh so fishy seam. About 10ft past the middle of the drift the float torpedoes down and sideways and I drive the hook home. A very good battle begins, feels like a big fish!!! About 10 mins later I ease another wild doe into the shallows this one a little over 10 lbs, but man she fought like a fish much bigger.
i'll post pics in a bit
left the river around 1:00 very content with my days results. The weather was the best i've seen since..... my god i forget when hehehe and the river is in absolutely PERFECT shape.
as promised....

« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 04:20:18 PM by allwaysfishin »

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Re: Vedder Steelhead gone wild , Feb 07
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 04:14:27 PM »

Was an awsome day! :) Nice fish too. Looks like you founds Big Steels spot, Oh yeah I think I was fishing above you for a bit~ I also had some success landing 2 wilds and helping a guy to release a wild buck pushing 20 pounds, no joke :o .
If you werent on the river today I feel bad for you, seen 10+ landed and 10 more hooked!
The Bigger The Better!

meca_357

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 04:18:08 PM »

i hate all of you  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ ;)

allwaysfishin

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 04:22:02 PM »

err maybe... just maybe.... he found one of my spots hehehe.... i bet on the latter  ;D  ;D

got fish

• 7-11 steelhead
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 04:40:50 PM »

you guys are killing me with all of these fish posts :-\ i have a math exam tommorow and after that im on the river  ;D ;D ;D hopefully my drennan will give me a break and go down for once :D
thanks for the report guys ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 04:45:28 PM »

Is that your lucky prawn hanging outside your vest ? ;D

allwaysfishin

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 04:58:03 PM »

hehehe, yup , the bigger the better. oops... now the secrets out  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 05:09:06 PM »

Who says size don't matter ? ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 05:33:46 PM »

err maybe... just maybe.... he found one of my spots hehehe.... i bet on the latter  ;D  ;D
Tom You wish!!!  ;D The only reason you know about that spot is besause you saw my truck there to many times!!! ::) ;D  Besides, you only fished that part of the run because you saw Gt and I hit 5 out of there on sunday!! ;) ;D
  Nice fish btw, nice to finally see some pics out of you!! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 05:35:46 PM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 05:34:56 PM »

Tom You wish!!!  The only reason you know about that spot is besause you saw my truck to many times there!!!

And the only reason you fish there is cause I showed you it first  ;D
Actions speak louder than words.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 06:02:55 PM »

are you serious dave? i realize the run changes every year but come on man...... you think after all these (18)years of fishing the river I didn't know about those runs till i saw your truck....... your kidding right?? My second steelhead of the year was hooked in that very spot..... before christmas..... didn't see you there till chris started posting. your hilarious dude I suppose you are the guy that discovered the ranger run and wilson road too??? oh i forgot, searun showed you those LOL. I hope you know i'm just playin here guys, B.S. and I know each other well... still his comments entertain me sometimes LOL

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 06:17:26 PM »

Yes we know each other very well, and that is why I am going to not say anything else on the subject!! ;) ;D

allwaysfishin

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 06:24:18 PM »

and so you shouldn't hehehe  ;D  ::)  ;)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2006, 06:27:33 PM »

Somtimes you don't have a clue!! ::) ;D  You should learn when to shut up as well!! ::) ;D
« Last Edit: February 07, 2006, 06:36:33 PM by Big Steel »

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2006, 07:18:15 PM »

awsome pics..thx for the report....hopefully saturday ill get 1
weeeeeeeeeow!