Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: vedder canel Sep. 8  (Read 4569 times)

bruce

vedder canel Sep. 8
« on: September 08, 2006, 03:18:02 PM »

reached canel after sending my son to school, standing from high, i can see a small school about 20 fishes swimming in the deep water, tried salmon roe, spinner, finally got a bite on wool, it's a small sockeye, released it immediately, the other two guys also hooked two sockeyes, so I think that school is all sockeye, no coho in it. left at 1 o'clock.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: vedder canel Sep. 8
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 05:17:49 PM »

On the CANAL!!!!  Freak pm me!! ::) ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 06:09:04 PM »

i will be there tommorow morning if anyone wants to join me just look for the tattoos

How small are these Sockeye ?
Hey fishfreak,i wish i can join you tomorrow,so where is the canel?? :D :D ;)

bruce

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 06:37:48 PM »

i estimate it's around 50cm

bruce

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 06:40:57 PM »

BTW, you guys better fishing on the west side of the river, one guy standing on that side hooked two fishes in 10 minutes, i fishing at the east side, where has beach, only got one in two hours. maybe you guys can figure out why there is so big difference.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 07:57:01 PM »

fished it yesterday in the evening, down from the "new" gravel pit...caught some smolts..that was it..didn't see anytihing else...
here's my bud who brought his bait gear which was useless..so borrowed my fly gear..

can you tell me what species this is???

released immediately of course...

very shallow still wadded the river up and down quite a ways...need rain!!!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2006, 08:00:20 PM by golfman65 »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 08:39:37 PM »

I have a suggestion and don't take this the wrong way. When handling a fish you do not want to keep please release them in the water. Just bring the fish close enough where you can remove the hook and let him swim away. Don't hang him out of the water. If you are unaware of proper catch and release methods I understand and now you know. If you want a quick picture of a fish you catch and release just go on your knees close to the water and pick up the fish but not hang it. Allot of people don't know proper catch and release procedures so like I said don't take this the wrong way.

Cheers

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 08:42:40 PM »

Eddies right. im not looking to start a fight im just curious is it ok with smolts because they are much smaller?

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 09:17:07 PM »

I have a suggestion and don't take this the wrong way. When handling a fish you do not want to keep please release them in the water. Just bring the fish close enough where you can remove the hook and let him swim away. Don't hang him out of the water. If you are unaware of proper catch and release methods I understand and now you know. If you want a quick picture of a fish you catch and release just go on your knees close to the water and pick up the fish but not hang it. Allot of people don't know proper catch and release procedures so like I said don't take this the wrong way.

Cheers

Understood...I never take them out of the water and I do release them all...I'm seeing an assortment of side patterns and this was a new one to me...as you can see by the picture i didn't take time for the auto focus, just lifted snapped and dropped it back in...couldn't get a clear shot otherwise. Fish Lived!!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 10:45:43 PM »

Thanks for the report, guys, Nice pics golfman. Hopefully ill be able to hammer some coho soon!
weeeeeeeeeow!

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 11:45:46 PM »

I went to the canal , saw quite a few jumpers tonight, used some of my cured fresh roe, mostly springs jumping around , mangaed to fianlly hoo a small 4-6 pound white jack wich i released back (RELEASED IN THE WATER) saw one coho caught about 5 pounds wich was wild other than that a few smolts and some springs around
Really now! white springs already showing eh THATS GREAT NEW!!! thx for the report.

P.S. I dont mean to start an argument either but come on this whole buisness of people telling other people how to take pics how to fish how to freaking breath soon , is getting out of control. Everyone has common sense not to harm a fish.
[

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 11:54:27 PM »

I went to the canal , saw quite a few jumpers tonight, used some of my cured fresh roe, mostly springs jumping around , mangaed to fianlly hoo a small 4-6 pound white jack wich i released back (RELEASED IN THE WATER) saw one coho caught about 5 pounds wich was wild other than that a few smolts and some springs around
Really now! white springs already showing eh THATS GREAT NEW!!! thx for the report.

P.S. I dont mean to start an argument either but come on this whole buisness of people telling other people how to take pics how to fish how to freaking breath soon , is getting out of control. Everyone has common sense not to harm a fish.

You always have to add your 2 cents dont you....He was not offended by it so why are you? Everyone has common sense? Thats why I have seen people booting fish back into the rivers, people punting fish back into the rivers, people holding fish by their gills and than letting them go. Ya everyone has common sense  ::)

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 04:49:50 PM »

Eddie wasn't telling, he was suggesting/recommending, big difference. Through this process, you learn and improve as an angler.

I've moved the rest of the discussion to the general discussion, please visit the link below:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=11766.0

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2006, 12:32:02 PM »

That fish is a juvenile rainbow. Eddie's point is completely valid and one that cant be brought up enough.  You may have common sense but it doesnt mean everyone around you does....remember, he didnt just bring it up for nothing, he saw a pic and responded. To me thats just somebody that cares about our shared interest....fish!