Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sockeye etiquette  (Read 7255 times)

jazzhead

Re: sockeye etiquette
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2014, 11:14:13 AM »

I too have been pleasantly surprised by the cooperation, and overall attitude of people so far.   Everyone's in good moods for the most part, polite, and have always been understanding when someone hooks up on anothers line.   When someone has a fish on, Nearly everyone below will stop fishing till the fish has been landed, People are always giving others a helping hand if need be.   Its a good thing to see.   And It makes the time trying to catching your fish much more enjoyable.

Most I've encountered were nice, polite and understanding.  But occasionally one or two will show up and cast out of turn and keep hooking everybody else's line...worse is letting the hook and sinker fly dangerously close to you. 

azafai

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2014, 12:01:54 PM »

Put two steelheader so close to each other and see what is happening.   
Note:  I still like steelheading way more than bbing.

kevzabob

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2014, 09:43:36 PM »

Just started fishing again been all the way up the Fraser to Mission bridge. It has been very slow or non existing so far. Going to try going up to Chilliwack on Monday morning with my dad. Found everyone to be nice so far but haven't bottom bounced/flossed yet at the big bars. Ive heard a lot of stories, but haven't experienced for myself.  Does any one fish the lower Fraser and what if anything catches fish there. Willing to fish anything right now. Also what runs next?

VA7DDP

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2014, 12:53:14 AM »

Just started fishing again been all the way up the Fraser to Mission bridge. It has been very slow or non existing so far. Going to try going up to Chilliwack on Monday morning with my dad. Found everyone to be nice so far but haven't bottom bounced/flossed yet at the big bars. Ive heard a lot of stories, but haven't experienced for myself.  Does any one fish the lower Fraser and what if anything catches fish there. Willing to fish anything right now. Also what runs next?

In the Lower Fraser there should be some chinook around that you could target by bar fishing.

Mike Duncan on Fishing with Rod has a great article on bar fishing:
http://www.fishingwithrod.com/articles/river_fishing/bar_fishing_made_simple.html

If your trying to target sockeye in the lower fraser, wait until the larger schools start coming in, then you will have better luck targeting them with buzz bombs, zzingers and other heavier spoons.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 12:55:08 AM by VA7DDP »