Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: buying a new boat  (Read 7872 times)

chromeo

Re: buying a new boat
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2014, 08:26:41 PM »

Hey do yourself a favour and go with the modified V lowe from cascade marine L1448M.  Costs about 2600 and you can get a Karavan trailer for 1000 that is galvanized.  Way better boat than the prince craft comes with a floor and trust me better than a deep V.  I used it for all purpose on the fraser/harrison to the interior for trout.  Handle anything in that little boat. 

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2014, 12:57:12 PM »

well I made it to the show, i got some great service from two guys at the Bridgeview Marine booth
They had a Princecraft 12' Ungava with trailer and 9.5hp mercury motor for just over $5,000
This one was in blue but they said that they also come in black now
I was so tempted to buy one minus the motor (don't need one right now, just going electric)
I walked the whole show a few times pondering but came home boat less 
Now I am thinking of heading back up in the afternoon to purchase one, they said they will keep it for me until i want to pick it up from the shop, he quoted me $3,800 inc tax for the boat and trailer
i had great service from Wayne at Cascade . I traded in my Blue Yukon I owned for ten years . Great stable boat , lots of room ,slices through the chop with ease with a 30 Yamaha long shaft . I decided I wanted to upgrade and update to a new Yukon model with a little xtra storage ,and never could be happier .

Stave Lake

Fraser River
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

sandy999

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2014, 10:06:13 PM »

i had great service from Wayne at Cascade . I traded in my Blue Yukon I owned for ten years . Great stable boat , lots of room ,slices through the chop with ease with a 30 Yamaha long shaft . I decided I wanted to upgrade and update to a new Yukon model with a little xtra storage ,and never could be happier .

Stave Lake

Fraser River

I must say, that is a real fine looking craft. Good for you.

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 08:01:16 AM »

1996 Yukon 14' to a 1012 Yukon 14'  the new one came with removable floor , 2 storage compartments , one has the pre-done holes for battery cable access . Been in heavy chop trolling pinks at Horseshoe Bay and handled good as well as Stave Lake when the weather got ugly . Not the boat for everyone as every one has there own preferences and uses  :) . But a good craft, yes .
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."