Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bust them Dano  (Read 3450 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Bust them Dano
« on: June 25, 2007, 06:33:51 AM »

Was at Sasamat yesterday and saw enforcement officials taking them down on the street and the lake. What I suppose was a CO took some guys tackle and rods for disregarding the rules. I heard him say "I don't like liars" as he walked by chatising the people ticketed. Some people were actually kinda upset that he showed up, saying they haven't been here in years. I told them if they break the law they do the time. On the street they were looking for DDing.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

oddjob

• woof woof
Re: Bust them Dano
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 09:47:25 AM »

To bad I went on saturday ,it would of been fun watching the people I told about the regulations getting their tickets and loosing their tackle .

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 10:26:57 AM »

Live and learn.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 10:39:05 AM »

A few people took the opportunity to leave as the CO wrote tickets. I am sure he'll be back as there is easy pickins there with that crowd. ;)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 11:41:14 AM »

hopefully this thins the crowd of cheaters on the floating sidewalk.....
see ya on the river

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 01:41:50 PM »

The tackle that was taken from the fisherman , do they get it back or is it gone and sold at a later date ?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 01:45:16 PM »

They don't get it back.

derdywaders

• Nature teaches more than She preaches.
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 03:16:08 PM »

They don't get it back.
And deservedly so.......obey the regs, sustain the resource... :-*
Today's menu cosists of two items: Take it, or leave it.... So what can I get you?

trout80

• I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 08:29:45 PM »

Thats good news.Now if we could just get one over to lafarge.
fishing is life, the rest is just details.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 11:13:44 PM »

They don't get it back.

I believe it's held until the appeal time limit has expired.  Remember they can always appeal  >:(

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2007, 08:53:19 AM »

Good on 'em !

I have to get the poacher # programed in my celly. Believe it or not, I saw guys in Steveston last week keeping Bull Trout out of a backwater slough. >:( >:( >:(. The one I saw them catch and bonk was like 8inches, just a baby ! There were also live fish flapping around on the rocks in a plastic bag. I asked them what they were doing and did they know the regs and they didn't speak a word of English. They just kept grinning and nodding their heads. Jerks. Sick and tired of this. Ive never been a rat, but now it makes sense.

CandT
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

Sinaran

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 05:47:04 PM »

Good on 'em !

I have to get the poacher # programed in my celly. Believe it or not, I saw guys in Steveston last week keeping Bull Trout out of a backwater slough. >:( >:( >:(. The one I saw them catch and bonk was like 8inches, just a baby ! There were also live fish flapping around on the rocks in a plastic bag. I asked them what they were doing and did they know the regs and they didn't speak a word of English. They just kept grinning and nodding their heads. Jerks. Sick and tired of this. Ive never been a rat, but now it makes sense.

CandT
yes, i see that too, and i know which group of people u r talking about. It's frustrating sometimes when they r new to this place and don't know about the regulations.  some of them r willing to learn and obey the regulation, some r just total axxholes.  i have seen people bonking sturgeon and when told not to they replied "none of your fxxking business."  Yeah right, it's everybody's business if u decide to invade everybody's precious property. I called CO after that but couldn't wait long enough to see them get busted.
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 06:29:21 PM »

For violations around Richmond, call both the ORR line at 1-800-465-4336 and call the Steveston detachment too at 604-664-9250. The hotline dispatches the information to the nearest detachment, which forwards the information to a nearby officer, so your chance of seeing prompt action can sometimes be larger by phoning the nearest detachment right away.

Both RCMP and DFO officers will be at our event on July 7th, come out, have a chat with them and make them aware of the problems.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 09:41:16 PM »

Both RCMP and DFO officers will be at our event on July 7th, come out, have a chat with them and make them aware of the problems.

But remember to be polite and couch the comments in friendly conversation rather than: "Hey you lazy BAS..... why don't you guys ever do your job?  Yesterday I saw...."  If you're on the receiving end, with which tone would you like to hear feedback? ;)