Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21

Author Topic: 2014 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 148552 times)

SilverChaser

Went out yesterday and today and not even a single hit. Fish are pretty spooked. Lots stacking in different runs though. Fished a good run way up past Teskey Rock and the only guys that were hooking fish were bottom bouncing...
Freestone Fly Co Ambassador
Halieus Outdoors Team Member

kevzabob

Yeah so tired of the bottom bouncers. Tail hook, back hook, rip their mouth out hooks.
The fish in there are getting hammered.

riptide

Two of us  fished first light til 10:00 , lower river , blades and roe , 1 jack landed . Everyone within sight was fishing ethically ...good to see . Water is low but fishable , lots of spots away from the crowds , did not see any other fish hooked or landed . If you are a tide chart watcher and believer that was a good time slot .
Fishing is not a matter of life or death ...it's more important than that

Speyfitter

Went up top today- river IS a DITCH! Low & Clear. Not the lowest I've seen it but damn close. Saw a few smaller Springs hooked, some landed. A few Chums as well. Most coloured up.  Hooked one fish briefly, left shortly thereafter. Fairly busy as to be expected. I can't believe how warm the air temps were. Started about 13 Celsius in the morning. When I was driving home it was 20-21 C. This is early October!!! I remember fishing early October and it being like 1-2 degrees C!

jeff

was out today worked hard to land 1 wild coho. I second the comment about how warm it was I had my son bundled up and it didnt take long for him to start wanting to layer down its crazy.
Enjoying the water..........

SilverChaser

Landed an almost-chrome white spring yesterday (released) and then landed a small hatchery coho today. First of the season so pretty stoked!

NexusGoo

• I like fishing goo

fished this morning and into the early afternoon, as the sun came up the springs started gobbling the goooooo

TheLostSockeye

Well nobody has posted any reports in the last few days. Usually these are the times where guys are catching the most fish. Time to go fishing  ;)

farky

Drewhill

Chilliwack, http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/canada/british-columbia/chilliwack,  - Here comes the rain. !!!!!

With that much rain it will be blown or brown pretty quickly. I wouldn't be too excited.

SilverChaser

Went out today and nothing. Water is so low and clear. I'll be gone for 8 days - good luck everyone!

Ezio

• vedder sucks tell your friends.

went out today for a bit got into 5 springs and 7 chum, and lost one coho, fish are around, but had to work for it, also snapped my clarus center pin rod on a 30lb white today so i'm done till payday

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Had my first 2 bites of the season but missed both, the only ones I saw getting fish were the long liners and they were hauling in a lot of large chinooks. ::)

redtide

• Old Timer
  • catch anything?

went out this morning between canal and vedder bridge. snagged into a huge spring in the dorsal and spent 30 min fighting the tank. caught 3 wild hatch before 11:00 and then it just shut down. is it just me or are the wilds more aggressive on the bite this year. 11 wilds and only 2 hatch so far. was using #3 colorado silver blades through out the day. its only my 3rd day on the vedder so not bad i guess.

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer

went out this morning between canal and vedder bridge. snagged into a huge spring in the dorsal and spent 30 min fighting the tank. caught 3 wild hatch before 11:00 and then it just shut down. is it just me or are the wilds more aggressive on the bite this year. 11 wilds and only 2 hatch so far. was using #3 colorado silver blades through out the day. its only my 3rd day on the vedder so not bad i guess.

What is a "wild hatch"?  LOL.  I assume you meant to say that you caught 3 wild coho?

Was out today as well, and it was a slow coho day (slowest of the year for me so far).  Hooked 2 coho, and landed one wild fish.  Landed one small spring and a chum doe.  All released.  Stratocaster hooked a whack of springs today.  He landed a beauty spring doe, and the roe is curing right now!   :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 21