Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Author Topic: 2014 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 148492 times)

silver ghost

• Old Timer

...the kids as the stay away pylons.....

Lol!!! I don't have kids but always wish I had some stay away pylons with me on the vedder.

Maybe I ought to train my dog to patrol a 20 square meter area around me

silver ghost

• Old Timer

What was the river like this morning guys?

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer

It should be similar to yesterday. Low and fairly clear.  Not gin clear like it was prior to the rain.  Tomorrow will be a different story.  Heavy rain predicted this evening!!!

dlo

nothing but a bunch of snaggers on this river now

Sage2106

Water is nice just need to get rid of the long leaders the guy's fishing 10 feet of float and setting the hook every 2 seconds and the fish might just come out of lock jaw.

Rachid

Was at the vedder yesterday ,Peach road , got a nice bright chrome female chum on a colorado blade and a small little hatch coho jack that i let go (just over a pound),  and its so pathetic so see chums and springs been snagged and dragged on rock to be thrown back to river, 90 % of fish were hooked on the belly and tail and people taking over their limits on springs. didn 't see any guy using spinners or roe , just 10 ft leader and a piece of yarn , similar to sockeye frenzy on fraser , i really wish to have a reg that limit the leader length to 3' max.

Sage2106

They need to do something. The long leaders and float flossing is getting ridiculous.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!

They need to do something. The long leaders and float flossing is getting ridiculous.

They needed to do something a long time ago.
What do you expect the Sockeye flossers to do when they hit a different species or system.

Sage2106

I know what's caused the problem. This year has to be 100 times worse and I was hoping everyone would a had enough after sockeye and the river would be quieter. But I was wrong lol

FishingKing

All the sockeye flossers have there fishing licenses so now after sockeye has closed down, they move to the smaller systems. It is quite a piss off when you hit the flow and see 100x more bottom bouncers and rippers then the usual. It's going to be a fcked up year. Remember this 4 years from now.

They should really make bottom bouncing legal for sockeye on the Fraser "only" if anything.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 06:06:27 PM by FishingKing »

dobrolub

what is float flossing?

kevzabob

They use a float really high up on there line. So their line drags on the bottom

Rachid

If your line between the lead and the float is more then  (3'+ this may vary , it depends on the pool depth you are fishing at , adjust the length accordingly ), that means you leader is dragging in the bottom and there is a big chance of snugging fish , your presentation (blades , roe , jigs ) have to be suspended for the fish to raise and grab it down , it is all about tricking the fish to bite , not hook sting the fish from belly or tail or even mouth flossing .                                                             
 Here is my fishing equation when it comes to river fishing,
 Peace of yarn on hook with long leader = 99.99% there is attention on snagging even if the fish is hooked on the mouth  :o  :o !!!!!.
 Blades/jigs /roe (has to be suspended ) = Fair game .
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:35:05 PM by Rachid »

typhoon

• Old Timer

More like the leader from weight to hook is long, the hook is not weighted (not a jig) and the weight often bounces off the bottom.

sugartooth

Has anyone else noticed the amount of dead springs laying in the water at the tail end of the runs where these long liners congregate? 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21