Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Demonstration Fishery On The Fraser River  (Read 58802 times)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
Re: Demonstration Fishery On The Fraser River
« Reply #180 on: September 03, 2017, 06:58:10 PM »

Well....let me read your post again then....since you are accusing me of insulting people.

You said you "can't help 'wonder'". That generally means to be deep in thought...and we all can only imagine what goes on in your (brainwashed by the system left wing) mind.
You continued with "could they go to a food bank". That sounded to me like a question or a possibility. If you want to be understood as already knowing, then why would you open the idea of possibility?
Lastly you say "could put it to use". What use is that? If you already know they are wasted....why even ramble on about it?
Because that's what you do...ramble on about things you know very little about.

Ok, Robert I can accept that you read it that way. I apologize for stating you insulted the intellgence of the readers here though I was referring to the discards issue in general & not the specific fish in the photo,

However to re-visit another issue; do first FN peoples have the same access to resources as all Canadians?

in 2011 the Supreme Court of Canada rules in Cummins V Rex (1998):

exclusive aboriginal-only fishery did not violate the constitutional rights of non-aboriginal fishermen because the disadvantage of aboriginal people is indisputable.

The bands granted the benefit were disadvantaged in terms of income, education and a host of other measures. This disadvantage, rooted in history, continues to this day,” ruled the Supreme Court.

"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #181 on: September 03, 2017, 06:58:33 PM »

You'd be shocked how many times articles and opinions have outright used that name. It suits her. She has blood on her hands like you wouldn't believe.

A total delusion RG - you lack any sense of critical thinking.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Robert_G

« Reply #182 on: September 03, 2017, 07:00:27 PM »

A total delusion RG
Exactly what a left winger would say.

Robert_G

« Reply #183 on: September 03, 2017, 07:12:53 PM »

However to re-visit another issue; do first FN peoples have the same access to resources as all Canadians?

in 2011 the Supreme Court of Canada rules in Cummins V Rex (1998):
Ralph, that quote from the Supreme Court of Canada completely shows why you're wrong.
It does NOT state that they had a disadvantage in ACCESS.
But what is SHOWS is that they CHOSE to not take advantage of the opportunities.

You and I both know that Natives have awesome opportunities for post secondary education. The get a lot of their education for free. I had to take out a student loan for all my university.
Sadly in a lot of cases....they CHOOSE not to take advantage of it. How can you blame the Caucasian for the poor choices that most natives make?

We had a native couple for neighbors awhile back. Both of them got their masters.....fully paid for by the government. They are awesome citizens and make over $200 k per year combined income. They chose to take advantage of opportunities not available to me and they made the most of it.

Something I don't understand with you is how you see that a person or group of people can make bad choices and then expect to be bailed out by someone else instead of face the consequences that they laid out for themselves. That's one of the main problems with all left wingers...they just can't see the forest for the trees.
We all make our own beds, so we better understand that we have to sleep in them too.

4TheKids

« Reply #184 on: September 03, 2017, 08:42:56 PM »

You and I both know that Natives have awesome opportunities for post secondary education. The get a lot of their education for free.

Have you ever dealt with INAC? I doubt it.

We had a native couple for neighbors awhile back. Both of them got their masters.....fully paid for by the government.

I don't know the specifics but this would be exceptional.

I had to take out a student loan for all my university.

And your loan was interest free.

We all make our own beds, so we better understand that we have to sleep in them too.

Yup, conservatism works fine until your bed is on fire, or is under water, or you need a bed with a doctor. Just look around. We are all in this together - one bed, one society, and one planet. Stop kidding yourself! (And show some respect)

danielk

« Reply #185 on: September 03, 2017, 09:27:02 PM »

Threads like this make me want to leave again for a few years.  Sticky this one it's broken please and thank you

JBB

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #186 on: September 03, 2017, 09:56:27 PM »

I'm with Danielk. Stop this thread.
Man does not cease to play because he grows old ; he grows old because he ceases to play

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #187 on: September 03, 2017, 10:08:17 PM »

Threads like this make me want to leave again for a few years.  Sticky this one it's broken please and thank you

I take it you want the administrator to lock this thread... Did you really believe that this demonstration wasn't going to stir the pot? Sometimes valid points come across as prejudicial, but in the whole scheme of things, dirty laundry needs to get aired out before common ground is attained. If you don't like the direction its gone, don't participate... simple.  As long as no one crosses that fine line, forum members should be allowed to rant.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #188 on: September 03, 2017, 10:43:26 PM »

Please don't lock it. The online jousting between Ralph and Robert is highly entertaining. It's been an interweb staple for well over 15 years.

I was just going to go make some popcorn. Please don't make me wait for another thread.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #189 on: September 03, 2017, 11:42:10 PM »

Exactly what a left winger would say.

Robert, do you even know what the left wing is?
Have you ever considered the contribution of the left to the benefits so many of us enjoy today?
If you had taken the time to inform yourself before tapping all that vitriol onto the screen, you might have even learned a thing or two.
From your posts through the years, I believe I have come up with quite an accurate profile of yours: middle to senior age, caucasian, Anglo-saxon, God-fearing, bible thumping Christian. In short, a relic from the Canadian past who simply cannot get over the fact that Canada is no longer the country of white supremacy.
I have a piece of unsolicited advice: suck it up, buttercup. Racism has no place in today's society. Even your good lord JC probably shudders at the thought of racial discrimination.

From the bottom og my heart, I wish you to be blessed with many many healthy grandchildren and great grand children of mixed race because interracial kids are the most efficient way of bringing people of all colours closer together and closing the gap that retrograde people work hard at keeping as wide open as possible.  :)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 01:53:16 AM by milo »

samw

« Reply #190 on: September 04, 2017, 12:42:26 AM »

Much of what your folks went through has been a reality for most immigrants settling in Canada, myself included. And that was a scant 18 years ago.
But we did it BY CHOICE. No one put a gun against our heads and forced us into Canada.
Ask the aboriginals if they had the privilege of being able to choose.

Exactly this.  Well said.  We were in the same situation landing with hardly anything and being minority.  Yet, I would never compare our situation with the First Nations situation.  Its pretty awful when people try to use that terrible comparison.  The situations are not even slightly similar.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 01:04:13 AM by samw »

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #191 on: September 04, 2017, 02:00:15 AM »

Exactly this.  Well said.  We were in the same situation landing with hardly anything and being minority.  Yet, I would never compare our situation with the First Nations situation.  Its pretty awful when people try to use that terrible comparison.  The situations are not even slightly similar.

Why? Because you believe First Nations suffered more than the plight of others who got driven from their homeland while losing love ones in the process? You're right there's no comparison because at least First Nations are still standing on the grounds of their ancestors. I have a friend now who lost his entire family in the Bosnian War who came to Canada as a refugee and after hearing about this thread he said he would gladly trade place with any First Nations who think they've got it bad. The difference is, he's made peace with the past and is now thriving with a new family....He's never forgotten, but he never let the situation defeat him let alone made him bitter thinking the world owed him more.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 02:29:57 AM by blaydRnr »

Birkenhead

« Reply #192 on: September 04, 2017, 08:04:30 AM »

Rodney.

This thread is well past any semblance of usefulness and needs to be closed. Pretty said to see that the posts here delve into race wars. Not a good way for sporties to gain any respect...

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #193 on: September 04, 2017, 08:18:49 AM »

Please don't lock it. The online jousting between Ralph and Robert is highly entertaining. It's been an interweb staple for well over 15 years.

I was just going to go make some popcorn. Please don't make me wait for another thread.

Just where to you stand on the Maria Slough Sockeye controversy?  ;D

Robert_G

« Reply #194 on: September 04, 2017, 08:19:13 AM »

From your posts through the years, I believe I have come up with quite an accurate profile of yours: middle to senior age, caucasian, Anglo-saxon, God-fearing, bible thumping Christian. In short, a relic from the Canadian past who simply cannot get over the fact that Canada is no longer the country of white supremacy.
I have a piece of unsolicited advice: suck it up, buttercup. Racism has no place in today's society. Even your good lord JC probably shudders at the thought of racial discrimination.

You ask if I know what left wing is? It's posts like these from you which is confirmation of why you are left wing.
You exaggerate and post things about people or things that are outright not true.
Over the last few days, I've been posting against discrimination and racism more than anyone.
So how do you respond? You insinuate that I'm full of 'racial discrimination' because I don't want a certain group to receive favoritism over the rest of us.
That's what left wingers do. They insult people who have different opinions even when they don't have the documentation or quotes to back it up.

You've been around these forums long enough to know their isn't a post under my name that suggests I'm racist or white supremacist. In fact my posts probably use the words 'equality' more than anyone else here. I'll say it again, so next time you call me racist I can report you.

"I believe all Canadians should live as one people. All having access to buying property and goods, being able to work, or start a business, pay taxes, and enjoy the services that the country provides us. With no one receiving special consideration or financial extras, etc, etc because of race, gender, etc. etc. All Canadian citizens are and will always be considered equal under our government and laws"

That is what I stand for, and if you think that statement has ANYTHING to do with racism or discrimination, then you're not too bright and should have someone help you with your posting before insinuate things.