Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Great new stick  (Read 9094 times)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: Great new stick
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 08:58:16 PM »

I don't think you'll have that problem with the Mac Daddy, its a 'true one piece'. Actually had I thought it out a little better I would have either spent the extra money to get a Mac Daddy (if you can chop off the blade and not have to worry about the hossel) or I would have got the two piece dolemite.
Actions speak louder than words.

Lumps

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 10:12:50 AM »

I believe the guys who came up with the Easton Stealth which is also a great stick, went out on there own and started making Warriors. They are awesome stick. The only thing I notice is that after a while they really start to get soft and lose there stiffness just above the blade. I like how the grip is on the Warrior,  compared to the Easton sticks with the grip feature, the texture is rough not sticky like the other sticks.
Best 4 wheel drive I ever had was a company 2 wheel drive.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 10:17:42 AM »

I completely agree with you about the grip. Simply put its awesome  ;D

As for the company, it is owned by New Balance. They bought out Innovative sticks and marketed them under their own label. Innovative is a few years old so I doubt it was the stealth guys behind it but it could have been the guys who designed some of the older synergys.
Actions speak louder than words.

Lumps

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 10:56:37 AM »

Your right! I got the stealth and the synergys mixed up. A couple of my buds in the NHL just switched over to the Warriors, so I've been getting them for free. Good deal for me.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2007, 08:19:45 PM »

Just went to re-tape my blade and found out that it's busted.  :'( :'(  That probably explains the lack of power I had yesterday.  It has a crack running all along the sole from the toe clear past the heel of the blade.  As far as I know, the crack delaminated the entire blade.  I've never heard of a blade breaking like that.  I'll try to contact Warrior and find out.   

PistolPete

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 09:53:07 PM »

Does Cliff Ronning have anthing to do with these sticks ?

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 11:05:02 PM »

Don't know the guy, kinda new to hockey.  But I can tell you that I'm the only one where I live with one of these sticks.  Most of the players I know are always asking me about it.  The guys all asked me why I showed up with my Easton stick tonight.  Several of them were lined up to buy a Warrior next year, but not anymore.   Unfortunately for some folks, word travels fast.

Lumps

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 08:03:04 AM »

Your stick should be covered under warranty right. If not,  it helps to become buddy's with someone at a sports shop because they can always make the warranty happen.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 12:27:13 PM »

Don't know anyone at a shop.  The warranty says 30 days.  I emailed Warrior, but don't know if they'll do anything.  I'll keep you posted.  In the mean time, it gives me an excuse to buy an Easton Stealth.  I'm thinking the Sakik is the closest thing to the Draper. 

Lumps

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 01:39:08 PM »

You a lefty or a righty? How old is the twig?
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 01:42:29 PM by Lumps »

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 04:49:52 PM »

righty, it's about 2.5 months old, but I only average 1.5 times a week with it playing co-ed drop in. 

Lumps

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 07:35:04 AM »

If you don't know anybody at a sporting goods shop, I would buy the same kind of Warrior that you have so you have the receipt. I about 3 weeks I would bring your old stick in with your new receipt and get a new stick. This should work because 2.5 months compared to a month is not that much, they won't know the difference, if they ask just say you played a lot this month.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 08:18:55 PM »

good advice.  I'll do that.  The new one I buy, I'll give to my wife for her 2nd stick, and the new one that they give me in exchange, I'll sell on Ebay to re-coup some of my $$.  Then I'll buy either a new Kronik, Easton Stealth or Reebok sick kick.  Any news on how well the Easton's and Reebok's hold up? 

Lumps

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2007, 09:55:31 AM »

I've used Easton's for a while, they seem to last the longest. As a whole I think that they all don't last as long as older sticks did. They seem to get soft, kind of like you experienced when your blade was cracked. I know soon as you get a little nick in the shaft or blade your chances of breaking them goes way up.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2007, 07:14:54 PM »

I'm getting my stick this weekend.  I'm debating the stealth, synergy Vapor XXX or Kronik.  I am a little gunshy going back to the Warrior however.  I used the Stealth and Vapor XXX the last 2 nights and liked them both.  Anyone know anything about the new synergy's?  I might just end up with the one that's the right curve.