Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What was the funniest and the scariest thing you saw this flossing season.  (Read 9099 times)

NiceFish

• Old Timer
Re: What was the funniest and the scariest thing you saw this flossing season.
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 09:55:47 PM »

well the highlight is being able to buy all the sockeye i need from the commercial guys in one go rather than wasting a few weekends and spending more money traveling and being stressed out for the day from hoards of goobers.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 09:58:15 PM »

Saddest was watching a baby black cub float down the river.

That bear ended up on shore just above Jesperson. Looked like it had a bullet hole in it.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

hookme

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 10:26:23 PM »

This Really happened one of my friend caught a bunch of line at seabird  with 3 bettys and 3  leader saver lucky guy! with 2 hooks and the other 3rd hook  guess what on the end of that line?? ??? it was a Big male Soceye on the other line  he is just pulling it with his bare hand.  Everyone was LOL at the bar it was a rare.

Tee

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 10:52:39 PM »

I was stopped by DFO at Seabird recently with an ice box full of fish. The DFO guy asked me, "Do you have a license to catch those sockeye?" I  replied to the DFO guy, "No, sir. These are my pet fish." "Pet fish?!" the DFO replied. "Yes, sir. Every night I take these here fish down to the river and let them swim around for a while. I whistle and they jump back into the ice box, and I take em home." "That's a bunch of Bulls--t! Fish can't do that!" I looked at the DFO for a moment, and then said, "Here, I'll show you. It really works." "O.K. I've GOT to see this!" The guy was curious. I poured the fish in to the river and stood and waited. After several minutes, the guy turned to me and said, "Well?" "Well, what?" I responded. "When are you going to call them back?" the DFO prompted. "Call who back?" I asked. "The FISH." "What fish?" I asked.

;D ;D ;D...awesome.
I only fish on days that end with "y".

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 10:56:53 PM »

Budding was bringing in a fish, and it ran towards my other friend, jumped and smacked him in side of the head.  Scariest... well actually, the flossing scene is a hell of a lot more civilized than the Vedder in about a month's time.

Navy Seal, that was hilarious  ;D

Madmardigan

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2010, 11:31:10 PM »

I saw an old fella in a large boat hook a spring,drop the float,then turn and wind his anchor rope soundly around his prop.He wouldn't give up on that fish though,and under no power,bounced though the boats below him.Another did almost the same,hooking his anchor under his jet outboard and chasing a spring from just above me and my son.Never would have seen it if i didn't yell to him.You could feel that anchor coming down river bouncing like a big betty.Scary stuff.

BBarley

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2010, 11:59:23 PM »

The funniest thing for me was watching hundreds if not thousands of people flocking to the banks of the river like gold was coming down. The scariest thing was when I went and joined them.

Steelie1030

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 08:37:17 AM »

Funniest: My buddy hooks a spring and the guy above him yells "is it a big one?" and my buddy yells back at him "my wife thinks so?"
Scariest: Walking back to the truck with my fish along the tracks, I suddenly came upon a black bear who was gorging on blackberries, he stood up on his hind legs eye-to-eye level with me about 20 feet away...luckily he took off on the run...had to check my shorts after that one.

Robert_G

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 08:47:20 AM »

Not this year, but the funniest thing I've ever seen at a flossfest was a few years back at the Keith Wilson Bridge when an American took out his sidearm to subdue a nasty 30lb turning-black-sperm-spewin White Spring.
Shot it right in the head.....I think people were more shocked than anything.

one more cast

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2010, 09:41:32 AM »

Not this year, but the funniest thing I've ever seen at a flossfest was a few years back at the Keith Wilson Bridge when an American took out his sidearm to subdue a nasty 30lb turning-black-sperm-spewin White Spring.
Shot it right in the head.....I think people were more shocked than anything.

That is absolutely brutal. How did he get across the border with that gun?

Hope that guy got called on and spent some time at the crowbar hotel!!!

Robert_G

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2010, 09:42:48 AM »

That is absolutely brutal. How did he get across the border with that gun?

Hope that guy got called on and spent some time at the crowbar hotel!!!

American's don't know any better ;D

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2010, 01:52:37 PM »

Saw a guy short floating the bar hoping for a bite  ???. Couple years back seen a guy get hit right in the head by a casting betty he screamed like a little girl and fell to the ground. Right after he got up like nothing happend. . . HAHA i think every sockeye season someone needs to make a mocumentry on the fraser called THE BAR!.
[

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2010, 02:36:48 PM »

Saw a guy short floating the bar hoping for a bite  ???. Couple years back seen a guy get hit right in the head by a casting betty he screamed like a little girl and fell to the ground. Right after he got up like nothing happend. . . HAHA i think every sockeye season someone needs to make a mocumentry on the fraser called THE BAR!.

Or we should all carry a video camera around and at the end of the season, put the "best of the best" of everyones videos into one video, maybe it might become a big hit. lol
The Bigger The Better!