Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tidal Fraser River, October 11th 2015  (Read 6107 times)

samw

Re: Tidal Fraser River, October 11th 2015
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2015, 08:51:49 PM »

Nice fish all.  Looking forward to my next outing.

brandooner

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2015, 10:26:11 AM »

Put that fish in Rodney's hands and it'd look like a teenager.

hahaha  ;D
The Fishin' Musician!

obie1fish

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2015, 07:47:45 PM »

I have only been out a few times for coho, but tossed some metal this afternoon for a couple of hours and was rewarded with a nice little doe. Felt pretty lucky as I saw only one other caught. Just a perfect fall day, especially since I don't enjoy the sunshine a whole lot. 8)

samw

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2015, 01:00:26 AM »

Been a while since I landed my last cohos.  Found a hole with some fish at around 2pm.  Tried wool, roe, scent, and dick nite spoons but couldn't get a bite.  An hour later, a group of 4 or 5 anglers came by and gave it a shot while I took a break.  No luck for them.  After they left, I took another shot.  This time, I replaced the foam float with a bubble float and the larger hooks with a small pink fly.  Within 3 casts, I got a fish on and landed a 14" fat jack coho.  Then within 15 minutes, I had a large one on but lost it.  Then daylight was gone and it was time to go home.  Having talked to others, I learned that it was a slow day for everyone I talked to.  No one I talked to or watched landed anything.

After opening the jack, I could see why it was so fat.  It had been eating eggs.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 01:06:00 AM by samw »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2015, 08:43:50 AM »

fishing 3 rivers I've landed 5 coho so far this year. the largest was a doe about 6lbs. Most are in the 3 to 4 lb range. I lost the largest coho  have seen in years 2 weeks ago in the bottom end which I thought was spring until I got it close enough to see it. it must have been over 12lbs and easily over 10. I killed an 18lb white spring that day and the coho pulled harder and fought better. They are not all pygmies.

Yesterday I caught a number of clean to chrome chum in the bottom end. I don't I have ever seen so many bright chum in the Vedder or any other Fraser tributary in my life. It was close to what the Squamish was like 10 years ago.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

samw

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 09:55:57 PM »

Well, I was skunked today from 11am to 5pm.  Nothing to show so I'll show last week's catch.  2 females.  22" 3.75lbs was the larger one.  Both caught with chartreuse Trophy Tackle spinners.