Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lindeman and Greendrop  (Read 9901 times)

bcguy

Lindeman and Greendrop
« on: April 18, 2007, 12:41:34 PM »

Anyone been up there yet this year, I hear there is quite a bit of blow down, but mostly wondering if it is ice free and ready for fishing.
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
Re: Lindeman and Greendrop
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 08:44:31 PM »

Is there fish in lindeman?
The Bigger The Better!

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2007, 08:52:12 PM »

Ice should be off most if not all of Lindeman, theres no fish maybe now. Used to be. Don't quote me though. Bring the "evening secret". Best lake is above Greendrop but hard to get to.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

bcguy

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2007, 09:22:54 PM »

There are some nice trout in all three lakes up that way, Lindeman, Greendrop & Flora.
Lindeman (45min-1hr) is the easiest to get to, followed by Greendrop(about 2hrs) and Flora(Long and hard, once you climb up over 4,755 feet (1,585 m) to the bowl you have to climb down another 1035 feet to the lake) I have caught fish in all of these lakes. I find the fish in Lindeman can be moody, but the ones in Greendrop can be fairly predictable. Bring in a float tube and you might get into a nice fish at Greendrop.
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2007, 09:33:41 PM »

There is a scetchy trail to Flora from by Greendrop thats better than hiking over the hump. Flora you can chuck anything in the water to catch fish. Lindeman even use to have dollies.

bcguy

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2007, 10:04:34 PM »

Hey Troutbreath, have you tried Eaton or Pierce

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2007, 10:09:32 PM »

Yes and yes. Both are a good chug uphill with Pierce being on of the better side for fishing. Some real lunkers for a mountain lake. Eaton has smaller fish.

Just a beautiful lake too.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 10:15:56 PM by troutbreath »

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2007, 10:15:56 PM »

Were are these lakesw located?

bcguy

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2007, 08:14:29 AM »

Gonna have to give Pierce a go this year.
On the topic of mountain/alpine lakes, a good lake for good size trout is Mamquam, in Garabaldi Park, through Elfin Lakes, bit of an overnighter.
Great cabin to stay in as well (right at Elfin lakes)

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2007, 08:52:38 AM »

There is a scetchy trail to Flora from by Greendrop thats better than hiking over the hump. Flora you can chuck anything in the water to catch fish. Lindeman even use to have dollies.

I dont know about that trail ! We counted 13 + rockslides  :o. We always hike up the hump side and get discouraged from going back  the hump side way and we leave through that backdoor Lindeman trail. Flora is amazing for smaller trout but they supposedly get to 4+ lbs and is rumored to have the biggest fish of all of 3 lakes. Never have done Greendrop but will this year. Lindeman is good I guess, caught a nice one there last year.
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

bcguy

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2007, 12:30:22 PM »

Yeah, that trail down from Flora can be scetchy, never been able to get down without back tracking a couple of times.
Summer time on a float tube, catching the rays, and catching fish...OLE'

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2007, 03:14:22 PM »

What is a prefered method for fishing these lakes? Whats a good time of year to fish them?
The Bigger The Better!

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 03:27:08 PM »

What is a preferred method for fishing these lakes? Whats a good time of year to fish them?

I would say end of June to end of September. Pretty much anything works most days, the feeding season is really short and they aren't picky. I found smaller presentations worked better. A few we gutted had their stomachs packed with really tiny blackflies. Anything shiny works well  :P. Sometimes those lakes look like they are boiling ;) Nothing beats hiking up and having a lake empty with just you and a few pals. Once you try the alpine you wont ever look back.............
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 10:04:19 PM »

Mamquam is a must for the alpine fisher. Watch those creek crossings in mid afternoon :o. Bring some buzz bombs they actually work fantastic there.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 10:55:33 PM »

Were are these lakesw located?

Around Chilliwack I believe.