Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lindeman and Greendrop  (Read 9984 times)

bcguy

Re: Lindeman and Greendrop
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 08:29:04 AM »

Lindeman, Greendrop & Flora are all accessed from the Post creek trailhead at the end of Chilliwack Lake road,
which I believe is about 40 or 50 km from Vedder Crossing. If you get to the Chilliwack Lake campground, you've gone too far.
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

bcguy

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 10:21:39 AM »

Trying to post a pic or two, but not having any luck.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2007, 10:23:24 AM by bcguy »
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

CustomRetrieval

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 11:49:02 AM »

Were are these lakesw located?

I normally don't share, I'm all take no give. These lakes are an exception though, just don't go when I'm there.
Great lakes, ok fishing due to moderate pressure and no recent stockings. Be warned that carrying any sort of weight(ie. belly boat) up to Flora will kill your knees. Lindeman is a moderately easy hike, I've seen everything from toddlers to elderlies that look like they just came off a tour bus there. Greendrop isn't much more elevation but the trail isn't as good.
Also, notice all of the lakes mentioned in this thread are sub-alpine.

all you need to do is zoom in:
Post Greendrop Trailhead
Lindeman Lake
Greendrop Lake
Flora Lake

Some Pics:
Florafromthepass

Florafromthepass2

Floragreatwater

Lindemancatch (these are the average size fish, seen some bigger, more than one persons catch)

Lindemancooking (somehow they taste better when camping....)

Lindemandinner (mmmm mmm)

Enjoy
/now I can go on taking....

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 01:35:59 PM »

Not too worry about crowds higher than Greendrop. The hike is not for the weak and weary, especially with an overnight pack 8)

Nice trout in the Lindemancatch pic. Especially the one on the bottom  ;)
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2007, 08:30:27 PM »

Have made several day hikes into Greendrop over the years. A tiny brass bladed spinner was plenty interesting to the fish. Flyfishing is possible but can be awkward.

What is a prefered method for fishing these lakes? Whats a good time of year to fish them?

Fishin Freak

• Old Timer
  • Get The Feeling, Toyota!
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2007, 11:03:25 PM »

Does anyone know when the fish starting spawning in these lakes that ice off late? Is it right after ice off i'd assume?