Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steelhead on the Fraser today  (Read 3731 times)

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Steelhead on the Fraser today
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 10:50:06 PM »

I would not have even posted about it. If you were flossing its just another reason why it should be banned. Most likely a Thompson.
what the hell? yea you did. Im saying its cool beacause it doesnt happen everyday. Then you say ". Their are constructive ways of replying to ones opinion and then their are negative ways" well everything you say is negative and as you can see everyones getting sick of it.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 10:51:43 PM »

Do you know for a fact that it was snagged or are you assuming that it was ? Sheesh

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 10:57:14 PM »

I would not have even posted about it. If you were flossing its just another reason why it should be banned. Most likely a Thompson.
what the hell? yea you did. Im saying its cool beacause it doesnt happen everyday. Then you say ". Their are constructive ways of replying to ones opinion and then their are negative ways" well everything you say is negative and as you can see everyones getting sick of it.

I said " I would not have posted it " that means what it means and it is not slagging him at all. Well you can read it anyways you like. Everyone is getting sick of it? Its because 90% of the members on here are flossers that's the reason. Just because I don't agree with it doesn't mean I should keep my mouth shut. Maybe one person out of 100 well read what I wrote and it just might change their mind about flossing. If it does than I have made a difference. Without reading other peoples opinions you will not learn. if everything was one way, life would be too boring. We would have no choices in life.

FA  I said "IF" you were flossing. Maybe before posting a comment read the reply thoroughly before posting you ridiculous comments.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 11:00:02 PM »

Its because 90% of the members on here are flossers that's the reason.

Wow, wait just a bit there Bryan... ;D

People, it's 11pm, stand away from the computer please, and relax. It's a steelhead that has been released.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 11:02:22 PM »

Its because 90% of the members on here are flossers that's the reason.

Wow, wait just a bit there Bryan... ;D

People, it's 11pm, stand away from the computer please, and relax. It's a steelhead that has been released.

I know its exaggerated Rod but these people that are replying are reading into something that just isnt there. I simply stated my opinion and never slagged anyone in it. Than all these guys come out of the woodwork and start ripping into me. I can take it as I am a big boy but it would be nice if we debated about factual statements instead of just ones that are made up....

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 11:06:03 PM »

Brain man, really!!  I don't see how your approach is working, I know you and even I am sitting here rolling my eyes when you make comments like,
Their are constructive ways of replying to ones opinion and then their are negative ways. He seems to choose the negative just showing how intelligent he really is.

and,

Taking hero shots of snagged sockeye is not impressive. I can go and get my fish from the commercial fishermen and take pics and it would be about the same. Would I take pics of me holding a fish I bought. Nope.......

To me those sound a lot like slagging.  That is just my opinion though!! ;)No need for another one of these useless threads.  There are plenty of "opinions" in a lot of topics already without this one! :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 11:07:51 PM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 11:08:04 PM »

The only reason I said that about the hero shots was because FF asked for it. He seems to try and bully people sometimes and with me he cant do it. That was totally directed at him and nobody else. It was more of a sarcastic remark than anything else.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 11:10:00 PM »

Eddie i know your a good guy from what i read. Ive never flossed i just couldnt understand some of your reasoning on prev posts. Rods right lets all just go fishing

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 11:11:45 PM »

Eddie, we all now that flossing is about as selective as bar fishing is with respect to Steelies as your friend firstlight proved last year. The issue here is whether or not the river should be open. If there is a concervation concern then shut the river down for all sectors. If there isn't leave it open so everyone can get their fair share of the pie. Please do not bring flossing into it.

As an aside, I don't think you can say for sure what run this fish is from. Could be a Thompson, could be Coq, could be one of a number of upper Fraser rivers with summer runs. Same thing can be applied to scokeye. It's rather annoying when someone claims that a fish they caught was an Adams fish or a Horsefly fish. The only thing that is certain is that it is a late summer fish. Could be from the Adams, Scotch, Seymore, Eagle, Shushwap etc......
Actions speak louder than words.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 11:16:35 PM »

Eddie, we all now that flossing is about as selective as bar fishing is with respect to Steelies as your friend firstlight proved last year. The issue here is whether or not the river should be open. If there is a concervation concern then shut the river down for all sectors. If there isn't leave it open so everyone can get their fair share of the pie. Please do not bring flossing into it.

As an aside, I don't think you can say for sure what run this fish is from. Could be a Thompson, could be Coq, could be one of a number of upper Fraser rivers with summer runs. Same thing can be applied to scokeye. It's rather annoying when someone claims that a fish they caught was an Adams fish or a Horsefly fish. The only thing that is certain is that it is a late summer fish. Could be from the Adams, Scotch, Seymore, Eagle, Shushwap etc......

Firstlight never caught a steelhead barfishing last year. It was someone else on the same bar as us. The steelhead actually took the offering unlike when you snag a fish. Its not a sporting chance for a fish when they are flossed and thats my point. Your right it could be one of a few runs where that fish was headed.

OK I am done with this. When you read this FishFreak and if you want a response just PM me as I wont be replying to this thread any further.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2006, 11:22:37 PM »

Firstlight never caught a steelhead barfishing last year. It was someone else on the same bar as us. The steelhead actually took the offering unlike when you snag a fish. Its not a sporting chance for a fish when they are flossed and thats my point. Your right it could be one of a few runs where that fish was headed.

OK I am done with this. When you read this FishFreak and if you want a response just PM me as I wont be replying to this thread any further.

Your missing my point (or at least not acknowledging it). When it comes to our precious steelies, barfishing is every bit as unselective as flossing. There is no way you can bring flossing into this. Albeit flossing will get more fish due to the fact far more people participate in this fisherie. But what if everyone out there that flossed only barfished and put in as many rod days? Same affect.
Actions speak louder than words.