Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The May Election  (Read 26118 times)

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
Re: The May Election
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2013, 09:43:50 PM »

If Dix get elected and implements half of what he is promising, the debt will be a whole lot higher than that in 2015.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

TacoChris

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2013, 10:42:24 PM »

Political parties take too much credit for when time are good and all the blame for the bad. When in reality most of this is out of their control. The Liberals suck. But I can not blame them totally for our economy it is big world out there. Parties have an impact on the economy but it is not the main factor.  BC is largely resource based and does well if we are getting lots of income from natural gas, wood products and hydro power. Deficits are passed from one party to the next and it become their problem.

I can blame them for their poor oversight of the civil service and crown corporations. The GST. The climate of secracy that surrounds much of their actions. What due they have to hide? Money wasted on advertising. Their phony balanced budget is planning to sell off more assets. What are they planning to sell now? I can see where few of us will be fishing if the feds and the BC Liberals keep on their path of privatizing, closing recreation areas,  reducing enforcement and exploitation of resources. Guess we can just bitch on the internet.

I will vote out any party that does a poor job.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2013, 05:54:35 AM »

If Dix get elected and implements half of what he is promising, the debt will be a whole lot higher than that in 2015.

So the Liberals have doubled the provincial debt in 10 years, with most of our money going to friends and sycophants (look at Liberal donors and provincial largesse ) now they're selling the furniture to make a mortgage payment. How can it get any worse? I still retch with disgust thinking about Campbell and his trained seals wanting to cut an inner city school meal program while lavishing tax breaks on high income earners.

Do I trust the NDP? I've become so cynical with elected officials that I've learned not to trust any of them. Voting is like being a judge in a turd tasting contest.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 07:43:09 AM by Novabonker »
http://

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2013, 12:27:41 PM »

Voting is like being a judge in a turd tasting contest.

I second the motion....  ;)
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

norton

« Reply #64 on: February 20, 2013, 12:43:47 PM »

Vote NDP in the next election.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: February 20, 2013, 08:23:22 PM »

Enough will, to send the Lib's to the side lines come May, you can take that to the bank. ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #66 on: February 21, 2013, 04:48:41 PM »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2013, 08:38:17 PM »

I can't decide whether I feel disgust or pity. Maybe a combination of both.

So what's the alternatives AF? This group of Sad Sacks have lost any moral authority to govern, Cummins is ineligible for Village Idiot status, and there isn't enough independents running.

norton

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2013, 10:00:33 PM »

I think as preserving and enhancing our wild salmon the NDP is our only choice. In the 1990s under the NDP they did numerous salmon habitat projects in b.c. , with forest renewal money. I myself worked on at least 5 projects on the chilliwack river, including placing spawning gravel at the outlet of chilliwack lake, for steelhead, the construction of the centennial channel  which was built for all species of salmon , and steelhead, resident rainbows and Dolly's.. And numerous other spawning channels and rearing ponds in the upper chilliwack river.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2013, 05:18:53 AM »

Take the T out of Morton.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2013, 09:28:11 AM »

AF? AF? MIA :o

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2013, 02:12:26 PM »

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2013, 05:17:12 PM »

and sadly it wont make a difference  :'(

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2013, 05:44:32 PM »

and sadly it wont make a difference  :'(
In the past I feel they have cared more about the environment.