Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So is anyone fishing anymore?  (Read 3913 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
So is anyone fishing anymore?
« on: May 06, 2005, 12:48:39 AM »

Nice to see folks are so concerned about fishery issues on this forum (top four threads are all conservation related... :o ;D :o ;D ), but this is a sportfishing website after all.... ;)

Anyways, who's fishing this weekend?

This morning I was woken up by Chrome Mykiss' phone call who decided to ring up from an Interior lake to rub things in. ::) He reported fishing to be rather slow, ONLY averaging around 8 fish landed per day, and biggest so far was 29.5 inches. ::) Ya, tough life... :D He and The Trout Slayer have been up there since Saturday, and will not be back until Sunday.

In the meantime, itosh and I are going to satisfy our craving tomorrow by spending a few hours at Alice Lake. HereFishyFishy's report from today just makes the already-planned outing more exciting. ;) We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Average size fish.... 180 grams.... 29.5 inches.... 180 grams.... 29.5 inches.... hmmm... Something is wrong here. :-\

Good luck to those who are taking off early to the lakes tomorrow.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: So is anyone fishing anymore?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 09:00:03 PM »

We did ok at Alice today. It was a bit windy, but still pretty good. All fish were a couple hundred grams, a couple of them were close to 3/4lb (getting rather optimistic ;) ). Itosh had about ten on at least... My dad also landed about ten... I had maybe 6, but was getting hits on almost every cast with the spinner. :)

The Fingerling Festival is tomorrow by the way. That's where I will be. :)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 09:11:26 PM »

So you're after fingerlings tomorrow Rodney ? ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 09:17:58 PM »

Had a hard time with smolts today, so have to go for something easier tomorrow. ;D :-[

Anyways, for those who want to come tomorrow, info:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/fishy_news/050505.html

We're not doing the usual youth flytying workshop this year, didn't get enough volunteers, or the volunteers have sneaked to Interior lakes this week. :P ;) ::)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 10:15:19 PM »

So is anyone fishing anymore?

Hmmm, lets see within the last week I've fished Mill lake, Cogburn, Big Silver, and the Slough but who's counting? Usually I don't bother reporting unless its to give water conditions or show off pics  ::)
Actions speak louder than words.

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 08:02:43 AM »

I fished the Stave and Lower Fraser this week and nothing to show for it. ::)
We did ok at Alice today. It was a bit windy, but still pretty good. All fish were a couple hundred grams, a couple of them were close to 3/4lb (getting rather optimistic ;) ). Itosh had about ten on at least... My dad also landed about ten... I had maybe 6, but was getting hits on almost every cast with the spinner. :)

Hi Rodney. Would casting spinners from the dock work as well? Or is it better with a float tube?

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 08:41:57 AM »

I will be barfishing the middle arm today, in hopes of being the first one to report a chinook caught in the Fraser, I think there should be a prize, maybe a hat of shirt for the first salmon caught out of the river

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 04:12:53 PM »

Hi Rodney. Would casting spinners from the dock work as well? Or is it better with a float tube?

Ya it should work. We anchored not too far out from shore most of the time, and were getting fish. There were many spots along the shore where you can fish, not just from the floating dock.

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 09:53:50 PM »

Thanks  for the report Nicefish. I will be headed out tomorrow to try my luck. ::)