Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Simms G3 vs. Redington CPX  (Read 13590 times)

hammer

Re: Simms G3 vs. Redington CPX
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 07:43:10 PM »

The first pair of Simms I had were the original "guide" . They were awesome. Since then I have gone through several pairs of G3''s and  a pair Wright and McGills. Either the make is not as good as it used to be w/ the Simms stuff or I am falling on more sharp things.

I usually do a cotol/aquaseal paint job twice, which buys me about another month or two each time. then I pack them in.

When a cheaper wader goes after 6 months it doesn't feel as bad as when and expensive goes.

brownmancheng

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2010, 08:48:19 PM »

just bought g4 recently, burned a whole in the pocketbook but greatwaders thus far hoping for years of leakless use for the price

oni_kage

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2010, 12:36:11 AM »

I managed to snag a pair of lightly used Simms g3 on ebay for 200 usd. The guy said he only tried them on and never used it, but that is rarely the case. Nevertheless they seemed new when they arrived.

Either way i have worn them out around 30 times, and I haven't had a single problem. But with that being said, I do take care not to hook them or be overly rough with them. It is just as easy for me carry them in a bag and put them on when I arrive at the shore if I know it means traveling through thorny bushes.

Bonanza

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2010, 09:46:29 PM »

To me it does not matter where they are made or what brand they sport. Value for the dollar and and field performance are what counts to me.If I can buy a pair of wades for less than half of a pair Simms and get close to the same wear I have made the smart choice. Waders do not get the same abuse in a guide boat as they get when you are bushwacking!!

fishfulthinkin

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2010, 03:46:22 PM »

got my Redington CPX waders in the mail today from Madison River Fishing Company. took 10 business days but arrived in perfectly new in box state
everything accounted for. Happy so far, comfort level is at par with the simms i tried on. Will have to see how they hold up but for the price it was a good investment

NiceFish

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2010, 04:15:11 PM »

got my Redington CPX waders in the mail today from Madison River Fishing Company. took 10 business days but arrived in perfectly new in box state
everything accounted for. Happy so far, comfort level is at par with the simms i tried on. Will have to see how they hold up but for the price it was a good investment

i got mine yesterday with the matching boots....COMFY! lots of room in the waist/crotch area so i dont anticipate blowing out any seams

fishfulthinkin

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2010, 04:33:29 PM »

i was going to get some boots too. i was just a little hesitant. figured id do one at a time to see how the business went and if i was happy with everything.
but i would deffinantly do business with them again.... should have gotten the boots. haha. oh well maybe next time!