Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Simms G3 vs. Redington CPX  (Read 13665 times)

BladeKid

• Old Timer
Re: Simms G3 vs. Redington CPX
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 12:11:24 PM »

I Own the CPX's,  also had the problem with inside legs rubbing. however i had a brand new pair within two days after sending them in (the remodeled version too) and so far so good. As for the comfort, taper, features, and quality of material they are very nice imo.

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 05:06:28 PM »

Simms website says Headwaters are made in Bozeman, Montana.  I've had my Headwaters about 25 trips out now and no problems so far.  I tend to be hard on gear, so I'd like to get G3's and keep the Headwaters for summer use or when I'n not climbing canyons/sliding over sharp rocks/ bushwacking.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 06:44:18 PM »

All Simms waders are made in the US.  Anyone saying they're made in China knows nothing about them and is only saying things to smear the name.  Simms is the only wader company in the US and one of three world wide licensed by W.L. Gore and Associates Inc. to make Gore-Tex waders. 

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2010, 07:43:45 PM »

Simms G4 Pro: 529.99 at Cabelas Plus another $20 off

Bare Blackwater: $582.40 at IFlyshop.com

Trophy Fisher

« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2010, 08:05:12 PM »

I have the CPX waders and love them. The SIMMS are nice, I used to have a pare but I would pick the Redington's in s second if I had to get a new pair of waders.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2010, 08:57:20 PM »

I went exchange a pair of CPX waders for a different size today, which they didnt have in stock. I ask the guy working there how the CPX are and how do they compare to Simms. He said Simms are 10x better and half as many problems. He also mentioned the CPX are remodelled, so maybe they have improved them with the remodel. I guess time will tell.
The Bigger The Better!

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2010, 09:08:45 PM »

my headwaters say made in the usa ! I bought mine last year on sale at my fly shop ! fished in them bout 15 x no probs yet  ;D

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 09:34:00 PM »

Simms G4 Pro: 529.99 at Cabelas Plus another $20 off

Bare Blackwater: $582.40 at IFlyshop.com

Bare Blackwaters have had a bit of a bad rep, have they started making a decent wader now?  I'd take the G4's anyday, or G3s and some change.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 11:47:26 PM »

Bare Blackwaters have had a bit of a bad rep, have they started making a decent wader now?  I'd take the G4's anyday, or G3s and some change.

is that the new price of the black waters? i was paying around 300 for the old green ones
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

fishfulthinkin

« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2010, 11:51:34 PM »

the blackwater II were $299

i've been concidering the Bare Adams as well

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2010, 08:05:34 AM »

The new bare breathable waders will be out soon. They come in 3 different models and they have made some major changes to the design. The biggest one is where they have placed the seams on the legs. The seams are no longer on the inside of the leg or in the croch area.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

fishfulthinkin

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2010, 10:48:04 AM »

ya i just got an email back from Bare.
There neoprenes are ready to go and available for purchase, however, there's breathables will still be a few months
away from stores.
 :( i dont want to wait that long. guess im still on the hunt

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2010, 02:44:54 PM »

All Simms waders are made in the US.  Anyone saying they're made in China knows nothing about them and is only saying things to smear the name.  Simms is the only wader company in the US and one of three world wide licensed by W.L. Gore and Associates Inc. to make Gore-Tex waders. 

Hey Bentrod, NOT ALL SIMMS are made in the U.S.......Only Headwater, G3 and G4 ..  The lower model like Freestone and Blackfoot etc.....( still made in China) ..

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2010, 04:39:47 PM »

You're right Big T.  There are two imported models.  This used to not be the case.  However, their warranty, standards, workmanship and materials are all equal to the upper end waders in their line.  The difference is cheap/available workforce. 

reconize

• eeeeeeeereconize
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2010, 07:39:31 PM »

Bent rod, the biggest difference between the 2 is the conscious decision to support the north American economy.
mm fish