Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who+do you think should be the Canucks #1 starting goalie?

Dan Cloutier
- 4 (30.8%)
Alex Auld
- 8 (61.5%)
Other
- 1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Canucks Goalies!!!!!!!  (Read 12615 times)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: Canucks Goalies!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2005, 08:27:18 PM »

No worries, I agree that we could go on all night like this and niether one of us could convince the other. Please don't get me wrong, I don't mind Auld as a backup and if he does continue to play like this I could see him taking Cloutier's job from him in two years.
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2005, 08:27:25 PM »

Yes he has 3 st8 30 win seasons, big deal
Actually it is a big deal. You have to do well in the regular season to have a crack at the playoffs as I'm sure you know. How many other goalies can boast such a reccord. Lets see.......thats right Brodeur is the only one.

One more thing, there is a big difference between Clouts and Brodeur!!!!!!  Brodeur has won canada an olympic gold metal, and he has always played great in the playoffs!!!!! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 08:29:37 PM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2005, 08:30:52 PM »

Ya, there's definitly a few guys I would take over Clouts.......Brodeur, Theodore, Turco, Luongo....
Actions speak louder than words.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2005, 09:04:39 PM »

Big Steel have you been watching and following hockey very long. Cloutier has won 30 games in 3 consecutive seasons. Auld has started a total of 17 games. You have to start Cloutier given he has prooven NHL experience and that he is a winner. Thats all that needs to be said. Auld needs the experience before he can be called an NHL starter. You can say this and say that but you would be wrong. Sure your entitled to your opinion but in this case your opinion is wrong. Any person that has been following hockey for any length of time would know that you have to start someone that has a prooven track record.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Bass Master

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2005, 09:20:35 PM »

Big Steel have you been watching and following hockey very long. Cloutier has won 30 games in 3 consecutive seasons. Auld has started a total of 17 games. You have to start Cloutier given he has prooven NHL experience and that he is a winner. Thats all that needs to be said. Auld needs the experience before he can be called an NHL starter. You can say this and say that but you would be wrong. Sure your entitled to your opinion but in this case your opinion is wrong. Any person that has been following hockey for any length of time would know that you have to start someone that has a prooven track record.
Is that why you said the Habs wont make playoffs this year. Look at their record!!!!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2005, 09:22:40 PM »

Is that why you said the Habs wont make playoffs this year. Look at their record!!!!

Whats that got to do with what I said?  ::)

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Bass Master

« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2005, 09:30:44 PM »

Well eddie i was just pointing out that you were calling down BS on his hockey knowledge yet earlier this year you displayed a clear lack of said knowledge when you were adimnet that the habs were an awful team and that they would go no where and that anyone who thought they would clearly knows nothing of hockey.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2005, 07:28:38 AM »

Well eddie i was just pointing out that you were calling down BS on his hockey knowledge yet earlier this year you displayed a clear lack of said knowledge when you were adimnet that the habs were an awful team and that they would go no where and that anyone who thought they would clearly knows nothing of hockey.

First of all stay in school with that bad grammar display. Second, its probably true I said something along those lines but when forecasting the standings even the pro's make mistakes like that. Their are always going to be a couple teams that suprise everyone. If you were going to call me out this wasn't really the thread to do it on since it was not related to the topic one bit.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2005, 04:46:11 PM »

Eddie Sorry but anyone who says that someone else's opinion is just plain wrong, without being able to read the future is the statement of an idiot!!!!! You are not an idiot are you?? No offense man, but, by saying this you obviuosly think that you are the "be all end all" when it comes to hockey knowledge.  Which in my OPINION is a load of crap.  All you seem to be is a very opinionated loud mouth that wants to start a verbal war. 
  A couple of other things, get your facts straight.  Auld does not have 17 starts!!! ;D ;D I played goal for 13 years.  From the goalie position, you notice everything that happens on the ice, and you know what to look for when it come to a goaltender's style!!   So before you go calling people out and telling them they don't know what they are talking about think twice.  Just a thought, but, HOW THE HECK IS AULD GOING TO GET THE EXPERIENCE YOU SAY HE NEEDS IF HE IS STUCK BEHIND A SECOND RATE GOALIE LIKE CLOUTS.   I said it before, but here its is again in case you missed it!!!!!  Many other great goalies were only great because someone gave them a chance. ;) ;)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 06:50:19 PM by Big Steel »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2005, 07:05:32 PM »

I e-mailed you

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2005, 07:09:03 PM »

Are you being nice ??? ???  Cause I don't want any garbage emails ;D ;D ;D  Remember this is just a discussion forum!!!!!  We are discussing aren't we, no reason to take it personel!!!!!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2005, 07:25:08 PM »

I'll let my reply to your email tell you the long version.   Suck it up, people get called worse than that all the time in here.  If your going to get all worked up over that, I think that you might need anger managment!!!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2005, 07:36:10 PM »

Sounds good!!!! ;D ;D  Oh Yeah, and I did check out my post, I said that I was sorry before I even said anything!!!, Also I did say "no offense" and that that was just my OPINION.  Really man I don't see what you are all worked up about!!!!! ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 07, 2005, 07:38:53 PM by Big Steel »