Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fisherman fell in the Chilliwack river  (Read 7851 times)

fly fisher

• i fish roe roe and more roe
Re: Fisherman fell in the Chilliwack river
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 03:52:15 PM »

about 3 weeks ago i fell in a little bit below lickman wearing chest waders.  as i was drifting   down my 65 pound test braid rap around a log wich in turn saved my life as it allowed me to dig my feet into rocks so i can see what happened to him. the current literally lifted me up causing me to fall in. i only drifted 10 feet but it scared the crap out of me. the only damage was to my reel and my ego but both can be replaced were i can't.
There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 09:46:19 PM »

about 3 weeks ago i fell in a little bit below lickman wearing chest waders.  as i was drifting   down my 65 pound test braid rap around a log wich in turn saved my life as it allowed me to dig my feet into rocks so i can see what happened to him. the current literally lifted me up causing me to fall in. i only drifted 10 feet but it scared the crap out of me. the only damage was to my reel and my ego but both can be replaced were i can't.

Glad to hear you're ok. So many folks under estimate the power of water.

I saw a fellow almost drown on the Fraser on the weekend. He stupidly stepped out of his boat to try and net the fish his partner had hooked. The water was less than 2 feet deep but the current was strong. He drifted down with the current till his feet got some traction and he was able to then walk to shore.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

lovetofish

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 04:40:57 PM »

I lost my footing crossing the Chehalis a number of years ago and if it hadn't been for my brother in law grabbing me, it wouldn't have been good. The water was only just above my knees but the power was there and once your feet come off the gravel, it is hard to get them down again.