Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Coquitlam River Question  (Read 20242 times)

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: Coquitlam River Question
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 01:10:36 AM »

IMO this is a very poor choice.Considering that this thread has been read more than 700 times. The fact is, more people than not will go fish this river now, plain and simple :-X. Like you said, everybody has an opinion........this is mine  >:(

p.s. As a moderator as well as an angler,did you think about the 700+ views, or just the hand full of maybe do gooders you MIGHT educate ::) ::)

Actually, as a moderator I know how the view count works. Every time the thread link is clicked it counts as a view. This thread has probably had well under a hundred different people view it. If I were to delete this thread (or any other small stream related thread) like I've been tempted to do many times, I would be labeled as an unfair moderator or a censor. This forum is open for people to discuss anything related to fishing with the goal of education, conservation, etc. How is that to be achieved if certain topics and rivers are taboo?

I'd also say you're being a little hypocritical in calling my decision to post a poor one. If you really cared about not bumping this thread up to the top (and therefore increasing the view count) you should have sent a PM or Email.

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 12:43:53 PM »

where is that picture that Rodney has with that sick-man on the computer?
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

mykisscrazy

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 08:46:19 PM »

I have fished this river for about 25 years. In the days when I lived over in Coquitlam was there all the time. Even now living in Delta I still make a few trips over there certain times for the year with varying success.
Maybe to decrease pressure close all streams that people feel have too many people fishing them. That will really fix things.
It is a beautiful little stream and hopefully is respected my most

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 10:40:19 PM »

Heard through the grapevine that 5 people were ticketed for fishing without licenses, barbed hooks, etc. on the Coquitlam today. I never said the river should be closed to fishing, but closed to retention wouldn't bother me one bit.

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2010, 07:45:25 AM »

The more people on these rivers is a good thing as they are the eyes and hopefully report things when they see them....illegal fishing, soap suds, oil slicks, unleashed dogs chassing and pulling fish out...the list goes on

What mushrooms are you on?

katfish

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 06:58:34 PM »

Advocating censorship on an internet forum is misguided and a complete waste of time.  If someone has concern for a river, then do something about it:  organize, rally, call the DFO, write emails, whatever.  Until the river is closed for fishing, we should let others know HOW to fish it with care and respect.  Just my $0.02.

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 07:48:30 PM »

I was down on the river for a walk this evening and came back to a smashed window on my truck same goes for a couple guys fishing up river I heard. I leave nothing in my truck and still got a smashed window. >:( BTW didnt see much in the way of fish around just a couple moldy chums splashing around.

Preliator

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 08:08:34 PM »

That's unfortunate, Trout Slayer. I keep my vehicle quite empty and have locks on my glove box and centre console, but apparently that's not enough to keep a window from being smashed. So senseless.