Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Warning on Warrior sticks  (Read 5646 times)

bentrod

• Old Timer
Warning on Warrior sticks
« on: September 05, 2007, 08:35:01 PM »

It's been a while since I've warned all of you about Warrior sticks.  I bought a Dolomite last year and played a few games with it before my shot went to hell.  When I untaped it, the blade was split Length wise through the middle.  It was after the warranty period, so Warrior didn't do anything for me.  I came to find out through the grapevine and was confirmed by a reputable hockey store in Vancouver that Warrior had a large batch of sticks go through as defects.  Instead of honoring or extending the warranty on these manufacture defects Warrior told their salespeople to "keep their fingers crossed and hope it goes away".  Hence, giving their customers the shaft.  I emailed the company several times and never got a response.  I also called and left a message which went un replied.  This kind of customer service doesn't fly with me and I hope to spread the word however I can. 

Since then, I've gone to an Easton Stealth grip and love it.  Their skates are also quite sweet.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: Warning on Warrior sticks
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 08:09:06 PM »

X2

I broke mine just a few days past the warranty period. Split the blade in half right down the middle. Warrior would also not touch my stick.
Actions speak louder than words.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 05:06:54 PM »

I got the red CNT Grip.  So far, so good.

kingfisher10

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 05:05:40 PM »

i got the new synergy SE its goood. i used to have a dolomite nipple grip but broke the blade who do you guys all play for?

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 05:50:31 PM »

two different "old guys" teams in Washington State for me. 

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2007, 09:49:29 PM »

Bump.  Just wanted to keep it fresh on everyone's mind's while hockey is going on.  Hopefully it will keep some other sucker from shelling out hard earned cash on a stick that the manufacture won't stand behind. 

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 10:21:42 AM »

Another bump for this thread. I've long since put a replacement blade in my shaft. Well, just broke the shaft in half, in warm up no less.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008, 01:17:06 PM »

I was just taping my wife's stick today and you'll never guess what I found.  It's been less than a full season now and her Warrior Mac Daddy blade is totally thrashed.  It's like the whole inside disintegrated.  She bought the stick about the same time I bought my crappy Dolomite that lasted a few weeks.  Meanwhile, my Easton Stealth is still going strong.  My wife has been using that whenever I'm not.  I might have to give it to her and buy a new S 17 for myself.   ;D ;D  I don't want to jinx myself, but my Stealth has had some serious hackers on it and it only has a few minor nicks.  Even had a guy break a wood stick on mine last week. 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 05:41:17 PM by bentrod »

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008, 10:49:28 AM »

BTW, sounds like they are having a tough time selling these sticks in the US.  Crappy customer service and poorly made sticks tends to hurt your biz. 

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 11:00:13 PM »

Just in case any of you are players and are interested.  I'm going into my second month with my new S 17 stick.  It's more whippy than my old Stealth CNT and IMO a better shooting stick.  However, it seems like it's all chipped up, much more than my one year old Stealth.  The S-17 feels lighter and really rockets wrist shots.  I'm not a huge slap shooter, so this one fits me well.  Not sure if it's worth the extra money yet, I'll have to give you a one-year report, assuming it lasts that long. 

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2008, 12:58:02 PM »

These sticks still suck. 

coryandtrevor

• Winter : Stick on the ice , fly in the water
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2008, 10:55:56 AM »

Dude, its time for new brand. Seriously :P
"The swing is the thing but the tug is the drug" - Unknown

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 09:38:24 PM »

Haven't had one in the house for more than a year and a half.  They just pissed me off so bad, I like to keep the negative press on them.  I currently have an Easton Stealth and two Easton S17's and love them. 

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 04:18:00 PM »

I've been looking after a friends stick for him (Warrior Dolemite). This afternoon I was playing around with it in my living room and doing a little stick handling practice when I kid you not I broke the shaft in half!  :o

Now I owe him a new stick, although I think he's going to end up getting a CCM Vector 10 instead.  ::)