Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Canuck Sloppy Seconds  (Read 3942 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Canuck Sloppy Seconds
« on: January 07, 2009, 08:21:31 PM »

It took a while but Brian Burke's first move is to pick up the Canuck's sloppy second in the form of Brad May. That should put the Laughs over the hump. ;D ;D

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
Re: Canuck Sloppy Seconds
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 08:36:00 PM »

It's both funny and sad-nothing against Brad May but if that's the best Burke can do they are in deep trouble...... :'( ;D

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 07:31:09 AM »

It took a while but Brian Burke's first move is to pick up the Canuck's sloppy second in the form of Brad May. That should put the Laughs over the hump. ;D ;D

c'mon FA....try to at least be original in you posts...oh...how did your saviour do last night???

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 09:37:11 AM »

c'mon FA....try to at least be original in you posts...oh...how did your saviour do last night???

mojo

Saviour? Luongo is hurt remember? Besides Labarberra is twice the goalie Toskala is and is a 1/4 of the price. Canucks are going to need to make some decisions soon. What do they do about all these goalteders? Do they keep Sanford or Labarberra? They both cant stay. I would say you keep Labarberra and try and send Sanford down. If he gets picked up ( which is likely ) than oh well. ( thats if they cant try and trade him for a draft pick )

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 11:35:41 AM »

Trade Sanford to the Make Beliefs. He's got to be better than the twin pylons they got there now. :D

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 12:06:58 PM »

Schnieder is on the verge of being up for too many games to be sent back down. I figure that's why they brought the other goalie up. Once a player has played (or atleast been on the roster) for 9 games they have to clear waivers to go back to the farm team. Stanford is good (or atleast decent enough to win) when he gets consistent ice time like he did in St. Louis. But playing as a backup he doesn't see the ice time he needs to stay in a groove. LaBarbera however seemed to pick up right as good as he can be after being like the 3rd goalie in LA and not getting any ice time.

I say keep Schnieder in the minors. Don't let him get picked up by anyone else. Use LaBarbera till Luongo is back. See what you can get for Stanford, if nothing, try and clear waivers with him. It would be really good if he did clear waivers because having some depth in the Goaltender department will be important since groin injuries like to come back. Just ask Sami Salo, he's had 37 in his professional career.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2009, 03:34:09 PM »

The Canucks had no choice but to make a deal for another goaltender because Schneider was the only healthy one left on the team.  Labarbara wasn't brought up ...he was brought in via the trade route from LA for a 7th round pick.

BTW, it's only juniors that have to be returned to their clubs before the nine game mark.  Players from affilliate teams can come back and forth as needed but if they are on one way contracts they can be snapped up on waivers...probably another reason Hansen was sent down...he's on a two way, so is Mason Raymond, I believe...not that they would have sent him down.  Brown's on a onw way contract and even though he hasn't really done a whole lot for the team other teams expressewd an interest in him so he 'd probably get picked up so Hansen was their only choice.  Schneider is on a two way so they can move him back and forth as they please.

WHEN LUONGO IS OFF THE INJURY LIST THE CANUCKS, ONCE AGAIN WILL BE ABOVE THE 23 MAN ROSTER AND WILL HAVE TO DEAL ANOTHER PLAYER.  IE. GOALIE.  THERE'S A GOOD CHANCE THEY'LL TRADE ONE OR THE OTHER FOR A LATE DRAFT CHOICE. (oops...pushed the cap key by mistake...I'm such a rookie typer)

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 03:38:11 PM by mastercaster »

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2009, 05:01:41 PM »

Hopefully They make a trade to Ottawa.. we could use a goalie that is SOMEWHAT consitant and really, not half bad.

By the way... its SANFORD not sTanford

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2009, 06:52:40 PM »

Yannick Hansen got recalled today...guess that's one advantage of being on a two way contract...Bolderuc got sent back down.  I was surprised Hansen was sent down despite not putting up as good numbers as he was earlier on.  Still think he's better than anyone else playing on the fourth line, although they do need the toughness that Hordichuck and Brown can give.  I wonder where he'll play now that Bernier had such a good game playing with Burrows and Kessle because he plays his best hockey on that line...of course so does everybody...those two tend to bring out the best in everyone because you know you need to work as hard as they do.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2009, 10:16:05 PM »

Time to get rid of that waste of space Brown.  :-\
Actions speak louder than words.