Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Lake Lucille/Stump Lake  (Read 21434 times)

jimmywits

Re: Lake Lucille/Stump Lake
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 07:35:44 PM »

Try small red leeches for the Brook trout in Lucille  ;) can't remember ever catching anything other than Brook trout in there??

Pay Parking regs at Stump (Alice lake Park) is in effect.
Thanks for that.  When was the last time you fished it?

jimmywits

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2010, 08:10:45 PM »

Clinker Peak is a stratovolcano, in the Garibaldi Volcanic Belt, British Columbia, Canada. It is located on the west shoulder of Mount Price on the west side of Garibaldi Lake. It's considered a volcanic vent of Mount Price, and has produced two large lava flows approximately 9,000 years ago, that ponded against the retreating continential ice sheet and formed The Barrier, containing Garibaldi Lake.

Snapperhead

• Currie Artworks
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2010, 08:27:10 PM »

Its been over 10 years since I have fished Lucille Lake.

Have you ever driven further up the road(Past Lucille lake)) and fished Freeman lake? They say it has Bass ?
Currie Artworks
Whistler B.C.

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 02:29:05 AM »

Thanks snapper I thought i was going nuts:)If I remember for me it was green and when that didnt work i ran around and caught grasshoppers:)

jimmywits

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2010, 08:40:54 AM »

Its been over 10 years since I have fished Lucille Lake.

Have you ever driven further up the road(Past Lucille lake)) and fished Freeman lake? They say it has Bass ?
I have been up there several times, without much luck but there are or were big bass in there, according to the guy's at Rivers Edge Sports in Squamish(now located on the Sunshine coast).

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2010, 09:41:42 AM »

I have tried fishing Freeman with zero luck.  There is also another lake closer to the highway but never tried to fish it.  Chance Creek also looks incredibly fishy in some spots but had zero luck in there as well.

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2010, 10:22:24 AM »

Went to Lucille Lake on Friday and one of the first things i saw was this little dead brookie near the beach.  So I guess they do spawn and survive.

I tried chucking worms and spinners from shore and not a bite but nice to know there is still fish in there and a unique species at that.

And these little strawberries are delicious but another few weeks before they are plentiful.

Troutmaster2000

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2012, 07:20:28 PM »

Has anyone have fished there recenley i wnet there inseptember they were under the surface you could see them. I tried chucking wedding bands and some orange and black spinner type roostertail, i had a few bites i think they were very light.I fished at the first parking  hiked a bit and fished along the shore from there i went on the trail on the right and found a realy cool fishing spot and i saw a power bait lid.

Anyone have tips that arent from a boat or dry flies?