Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hockey Pool Chat  (Read 100066 times)

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: Hockey Pool Chat
« Reply #225 on: December 05, 2006, 05:30:07 PM »

Well La Dee Dah!!! It's day one buddy, and if you had any experience you'd know not to count your chickens before they hatch!

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #226 on: December 05, 2006, 05:35:58 PM »

NO way BS should get away with trading a player thats been on waiver for a Star player thats been out all season and about to come back in.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #227 on: December 05, 2006, 05:42:54 PM »

Stillman is hardly a star, and Federov is getting going!!  What is with you, always whining??  Always trying to make things out worse than they are?? ::)

You whine about that one, yet no mention of Rick's trade in the point's draft!! ::)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 05:47:51 PM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #228 on: December 05, 2006, 06:23:37 PM »

I told you i barely set my roster in the points league, i dont' watch trades there either.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #229 on: December 05, 2006, 08:46:16 PM »

Didnt take long for everyone to Veto Ricks trade for Iginla LOL I think that trade was the worst of them all so far  ::)

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #230 on: December 05, 2006, 09:27:53 PM »

IH8XC!!  What do you say, Eric Staal, with his 100 plus shots, for Selanne? :)

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #231 on: December 05, 2006, 10:06:22 PM »

With Future considerations in the Head to Head league. Agree to that and i'll make the trade.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #232 on: December 05, 2006, 10:09:22 PM »

I'll wait and see what happens in the next couple days, as my team is going good in both leagues.  I would like Selanne, but I am not going to do something stupid and make a trade to benefit someone who is determined to chase me down in the head to head. ;D ;D  But a couple days may change things!! ;D
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 10:23:27 PM by Big Steel »

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #233 on: December 05, 2006, 11:04:05 PM »

The only players i want from you are Kaberle, Kovalchuk and maybe Savard.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #234 on: December 06, 2006, 06:01:21 AM »

So let me get this straight, you want Staal AND another superstar for Selanne?? I am guessing that you didn't really want to give up much judging by the last prop you sent me.  So I would have to say.......Not a chance then.  Good luck catching me. :-*
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 06:04:03 AM by Big Steel »

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #235 on: December 06, 2006, 12:23:18 PM »

No, I will trade selanne for staal, if you give me one of those three players for a slightly less than equivelent player in the head to head league.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #236 on: December 06, 2006, 12:38:17 PM »

Ok Trade Props sent in both leagues to you BS. Take both or neither. Now do you get the idea of what i ment?

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #237 on: December 06, 2006, 02:10:20 PM »

I don't mind them, but I sent you one with some tweaking in the head to head, so you know what I am thinking.  I need to get a d man back in the head to head.  I would be short a d-man if I didn't.  So.....  Cambell for kaberle, but you said you wanted Kovalchuk as well.  SO I iffer you kovalchuk for Shannahan.  That I know is a close one, and who knows how they will finsih the year.  Kovalchuk is young and should stay strong all year. Shanahan, well he is in his 40's and well, who knows.  But you win on the kaberle Cambell, I can't take walker, well, that is just not even close to fair and it would get vetoed.  Kaberle has more points and shots than walker.  At least with Cambel, it is a bit closer.  You did say slightly less equivelent player didn't you.  So Cambel for Kaberle should fit that bill.
As for the points league, I like my D-men how they are, and Zubov has really turned it on since I picked him up off waivers!!! :o  SO it would be Staal for Selanne straight up.  As both my teams are doing pretty good right now, I don't feel pressed to make a trade.  It is up to you now, you know what I am looking for.   ;D  Straight up Selanne for Staal, and Cambell for Kaberle. :)

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #238 on: December 06, 2006, 02:50:44 PM »

Ok both trades accepted.

People, before you veto either of me and BS's trade, please understand that they may be a little lopsided, but they are compensated for in the opposite league.

canadian-countrygrl

« Reply #239 on: December 06, 2006, 03:30:40 PM »

I went to see my first Calgary Flames Game Vs. Columbus Blue Jackets on Friday night.  I ended up leaving early.  Did you know that the Calgary ice rink is very small?  I guess I'm use to seeing the Olympic size at GM Place.  I found that there was not much energy from the players and the fans. But of course I love my Canucks. Can't and Will NEVER convert me.  Alot of fights in the first period. Left by the second period. I'll go again when they play Canucks.

CANUCKS FOREVER BABY!!! 
MAY THE HOLES IN YOUR NET BE NO LARGER THAN THE FISH IN IT!