Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many Chilliwack River hatchery marked coho salmon did you retain in fall 2009?

1 - 5
6 - 10
11 - 15
16 - 20
21 - 25
26 - 30
31+

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 107797 times)

UFC

Boy wool is getting a pretty bad rap nowadays! It actually can be very effective when drift fished but I guess it's also being used as  the 'bait' of choice for snagging purposes.

hue-nut

• Old Timer

Boy wool is getting a pretty bad rap nowadays! It actually can be very effective when drift fished but I guess it's also being used as  the 'bait' of choice for snagging purposes.

I think most can understand fish keying on scent when visibility is an issue, but keying on a thumbnail piece of wool when visibility is an issue...... :-\

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

i assume is 1 and half foot is more then enough to fish right? I was thinking of going tomorrow and try to land a coho for the first time this year :P . Will you be out Hue-nut? Rod?Chris?Maybe see you guys on the flow. ;)
I will be out but cannot decide where to start as there is so many places to choose from now with the jump in the river level. ;D

River will be prime. ;D

rhino

• Old Timer

I will be out but cannot decide where to start as there is so many places to choose from now with the jump in the river level. ;D

River will be prime. ;D

i think i will be at the spot we went to first last time getting dressed at 6:30am ;D ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Conditions excellent today and fishing too as we hooked every species but an adult coho evaded us however Rhino is still at it. I need a rest from the action and besides he needed my roe. ;D ;D

rhino

• Old Timer

Conditions excellent today and fishing too as we hooked every species but an adult coho evaded us however Rhino is still at it. I need a rest from the action and besides he needed my roe. ;D ;D

Rhino kept at it till 3pm. used all your roe and have no coho to show for it either. :P those tricky tricky bast#$^%s. To top it all off dumb *** Rhino left his car keys in his trunk as he was changing out of his waders and locked himself out of his car. :'(  good thing I left the sunroof tilt up and managed to use a stick to unlock the car, thanks to nice chilliwack resident that came to the rescue ;D ;D.  but it was fun fighting a few chum! oh and i did manage a bull trout at first light too.  ;D  might have to take another day off. cant let the coho elude me this year  :-\ . thanks for the roe Chris and the tips.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 05:57:42 PM by rhino »

adriaticum

• Old Timer

Rhino kept at it till 3pm. used all your roe and have no coho to show for it either. :P those tricky tricky bast#$^%s. To top it all off dumb *** Rhino left his car keys in his trunk as he was changing out of his waders and locked himself out of his car. :'(  good thing I left the sunroof tilt up and managed to use a stick to unlock the car, thanks to nice chilliwack resident that came to the rescue ;D ;D.  but it was fun fighting a few chum! oh and i did manage a bull trout at first light too.  ;D  might have to take another day off. cant let the coho elude me this year  :-\ . thanks for the roe Chris and the tips.

Ouch!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Tried tonight after a trip to look at the show at Tamihi Rapids, coho every where there will post a video later. :-X Why can they catch them there and I cannot? You donot have to answer, not on this thread please.

A tip Rhino as friend Gwyn locked his  keys in the other day too. Always put a extra key in your wallet, has saved me several times.

Water conditions improving by the hour but more rain coming. :'(

rhino

• Old Timer

Tried tonight after a trip to look at the show at Tamihi Rapids, coho every where there will post a video later. :-X Why can they catch them there and I cannot? You donot have to answer, not on this thread please.

A tip Rhino as friend Gwyn locked his  keys in the other day too. Always put a extra key in your wallet, has saved me several times.

Water conditions improving by the hour but more rain coming. :'(

thanks chris. see you in the am. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Even with all the heavy rain the river stayed in when I left Rodney and Rhino still at it. A few coho jacks and chinook jacks along with some chum was it when I left them in a heavy down pour. I stopped at the hot spot of the way home and ghad two more chum on, landed one, fairly bright also lost a coho jack Took a chum home taken earlier in the day. Adult coho salmon still scare for this angler. :o

Nice fishing with the boys and we will get a further report as they most likely will fish to dark  ;D while I go to the Marlie game in Abby. ;D ;D

River should be good tomorrow as the rain has now stopped.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...

If anyone heads out today, an update would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!
:D
Tex

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Just got off the phone with Chris, river condition is "better" than yesterday he said, so I assume it's a bit clearer (yesterday was at 2ft).

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.

always keep a spare car key in your wallet.

nickredway

• Old Timer

Am heading up for the weekend. Can anyone recommend a B and B or Hotel that is close enough to walk to the Vedder?
Many thanks,
Nick

DionJL

• Old Timer

The Vedder Inn.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13