Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Center pin fishing  (Read 9042 times)

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
Re: Center pin fishing
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 04:37:15 PM »

You could also go with a cork float. They have great sensitivity and have that added weight for casting. They are also great to use as it would just look like a stick to the fish  ;D

But then you're reeling in that weight all the time  :P
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 09:05:04 PM »

Are there any centerpin reels that have a break that can bring the spool to a complete stop?

So far I haven't seen any.
Seems like a logical thing to have on a free spooling reel.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2012, 09:49:49 PM »

hit a 12lb steel with a CP that sports no handles...its a blast!!!!

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2012, 11:14:04 PM »

Then it wouldn't be a real center pin . Part of the skill is to control the  free spinning reel with skill and finesse . If it was easy then it wouldn't be a challenge. Grasshoppa must learn to be the master of the pin .  Allow the force to be with you . Be one with the reel ................................ :D

treblig

Yes, but when you are bushwacking and preparing for transport it would be a hell of a lot easier.
The brake wouldn't interfere with the fishing part

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2012, 09:38:55 AM »

." I don't know a center pin that doesn't have a  some sort of clicker setting".......some of the older Adcock Stantons came with out clickers
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2012, 10:51:12 AM »

I think your talking about setting the clicker . Which is important to stop the fee spool when not fishing . Of course the sound when a steely is on the run too. I don't know a center pin that doesn't have a  some sort of clicker setting. In some photos I have seen somebody use a elastic around the rod then stretch to the handle to stop free spooling . I suspect its cause the clicker no longer engages .

treblig

I don't mean the drag (clicker), I mean a full stop break. Even the clicker on my reel doesn't really hold the line and every time I snag a tree some line gets out.
It would really help with transport.
The drag is really a drag.
It doesn't quite work perfectly for transport and it's annoying when some people turn it on when they have a fish on.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2012, 11:37:35 AM »

Just get yourself a neoprene reel cover. Put it on the reel when your not fishing and the problem is solved.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 01:21:34 PM »

I do have a reel cover