Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: who's happy, FWR is back?  (Read 16591 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: who's happy, FWR is back?
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2009, 01:54:20 AM »

Hi all, I still haven't had the time to reply to this thread but here are some quick answers to some of the questions.

Re: Post counts
I haven't reduced members' post counts, at least not intentionally. Sometimes we delete old threads that are completely irrelevant even in the archive (ie. where to fish tomorrow?). When that happens, post counts may go down if your post(s) are in those threads.

Re: Fishing report section
The ten post requirement was poorly decided by me long ago, so we decided to raise the required post number to 50. The idea is still the same, to raise the quality of the reports, to have a place where members who contribute can mutually benefit. The fishing report section is well archived with location and dates, which in my opinion is good references in the future.

If you want to read Chris' journal, you don't need to gain access to the fishing report section to do so. Chris' journal entries can be found on this page (bookmark it!):

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/blog/?cat=17

You can also subscribe to the RSS feed to receive updated entries in your browser.

My fishing trip reports/stories can also found in the blog section at:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/blog/?cat=7

Someone else asked about where newbies can post their reports. Feel free to post your reports in the general discussion.

Re: subscribing
Some clarification is needed on this. Gaining access to the fishing reports section is just one feature for subscribers. Being able to send personal messages is another. Subscribers also receive access to videos. There are currently about 6 hours of videos available. We try to feature a different fishery in each video diary. I also try to run as many draws as possible for subscribers. As well as the Fishy Shot contest. Like Brian said, $5 of your susbcription fee goes to Fish for the Future, which is especially important this year as the seed funding from the Family Fishing Weekend Society has been cut in half, so the website will make up the other half to keep the event going this year. Also, if you attend the a Chilliwack River cleanup, you get a free annual subscription (next one is on this Saturday!).

I still have a lot of emails that I haven't replied. In case you sent one and are wondering, I am still hoping to get to them. I received just over 200 about the forum when I closed it for a week.

Thanks for the support, glad many are enjoying the forum.

Buck_wife

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2009, 05:16:48 PM »

free memberships for attending cleanups ...really...... :o ;D

drh

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2009, 07:17:31 PM »

More info on the cleanup please?

fishnjim

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2009, 07:18:25 PM »

glad it is back!  fish reports need 50 posts...i guess i ll see how many i have after i post this?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2009, 08:46:26 PM »

fishyfish711

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2009, 10:04:27 PM »

Gotta say glad to see rule changes to see how many posts I have.........left to post.  :'(

Jazza

« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2009, 01:04:29 PM »

Glad to have the forum back.  Very useful!!

dirkfisher

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2009, 05:09:20 PM »

I actually did not know about FWR until I read it was down on Bc Fishing. It got all controversial and they banned that user benthook for life because the moderator there Iron Noggin and a a user Milo got into it with him. Seemed unfair so I resigned my membership there using mod power to cancel someone they did not agree with. Glad to be on board here though. Tight lines.

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #68 on: April 10, 2009, 05:31:59 PM »

Very glad to see this site back up again.  Not least because this is an archive of theads (including some I started) that have been a wealth of information on everything on fishing in the lower mainland - that kind of local information has been very valuable to me.  I hope the informative ones have been kept around.

Maybe I will print them all the interesting theads just in case this site never comes back again  ;)

coho killer

« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2009, 03:54:07 AM »

good to see it back

TheChumWhisperer

« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2009, 03:23:51 PM »

Super stoked to have the forum back in action.  Tight lines.....