Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't wait for leader restrictions and a license test.  (Read 25213 times)

Old Black Dog

• I Volunteer!
Re: Can't wait for leader restrictions and a license test.
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2005, 07:29:00 PM »

Back to pushing a rope up the hill !

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2005, 07:53:51 PM »

This thread still hasn't died!!!!!!  You guys should get a life!!! ;D ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2005, 08:44:41 PM »

The best way to stop people from flossing is to stand beside them and catch more fish than them. Then when they ask what colour wool you are useing, keep a good attitude and show them how to rig up.
Fish on!

allwaysfishin

« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2005, 07:55:35 PM »

i totally agree with a education program and test for fishing liscences. I've had to pay out big dollars for courses to hunt, so why not fishing. the time has come.... population and renewed interest in sports fishing has forced us down this road. "trusting" the general public to follow the regulations AND practice conservation and follow edicit is a laughable idea. It is widely apparent that nearly 40 to 50% of new anglers or those  newly arrived from other countries are not familiar with the ideals nor definition of conservation and ethics. These people, and all new anglers need to have mandatory education programs applied as a prerequiste to fish. I've paid out well in excess of 100.00 for hunting liscences this year, same for fishing liscences and it cost me 250.00 to take and pass the necessary courses for firearms and hunting ( the latter being some time ago but still). I would also be willing to submit myself to a one time anglers education program in order to continue fishing, and gladly pay the required fees. I love fishing, i don't just like it cuz it fills my belly and fuels my ego, it's part of who i am and it is an activity that is  invaluable to me. How this turned into a flossing debate is beyond me, I agree, mandatory education and one time testing for ALL anglers.

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2005, 08:26:17 PM »

Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"

newsman

• Old Timer
  • Dude what's a llama?
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2005, 08:34:03 PM »

The best way to stop people from flossing is to stand beside them and catch more fish than them. Then when they ask what colour wool you are useing, keep a good attitude and show them how to rig up.

I do that; I remember one time a guys asked me what wool I was using. I answered with "I don't use wool, I use flies". Then he promptly went over to his freind and told his freind I was using Butterflies. At that I just smiled and walked away.
Till the next time, "keep your fly in the water!"