Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NFR: Second to Fishing...My Favorite Time...Hunting Season  (Read 7585 times)

jettabambino

• Old Timer
  • wanna banana?
Re: NFR: Second to Fishing...My Favorite Time...Hunting Season
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2005, 08:21:21 AM »

where did you hammer the 4 pointer.... I dont mean what logging road but what region..... well done congrats....must be a good feeling to have one in the bag already...

rodney should i take ya hunting with me..? ;D
see ya on the river

Ho whacker

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2005, 01:47:56 PM »

I went out september first to hunt for the first time, I went to the kootenys and holy crap are there alot of whitetail's.
I dident manage to bag any elk but i did get my first deer (spike fork whitetail)  :).
if you dont mind the drive you should try plumbob mtn in the east kootenys ALOT of whitetail,elk and in the areas around it black and grizly bears.

also if you plan to go to the kootenys bring a big gun (bowhunting or not) cause everyone who hunts there that ive talked too has a grizzly story where that had to shoot a charging grizz. next time i go i gotta have a 12 guage slug gun.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005, 01:54:09 PM by Ho whacker »
Theres no fish in the harrison I swear ;)

Double Underhooks

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2005, 01:56:59 PM »

I'm curious to how Rod killed it... I'm guessing a little driving accident...
or was it a deadly spoon w/ a treble hookthat got swallowed  ;D

allwaysfishin

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2005, 12:28:51 AM »

back from the peaks south of coquihalla summit. Looks like the bucks we scouted in late august have moved already. I think winters coming early..... late august glassing the slopes at 5200 ft revealed 13 mulie bucks, 7 were 4pt or better and 30 some odd does. opening week.... 3 does and 1 grouse..... and we scoured the mountains with my chevy and two sets of good binos. The deer were just gone.... i would be watching the slopes and draws around Tulameen right now as that's where they will show up