Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: C & R Fraser River sockeye salmon during the closure  (Read 15388 times)

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
Re: C & R Fraser River sockeye salmon during the closure
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2005, 11:08:32 PM »

Blaydrunner, there's a huge difference between catching sockeye in the vedder and the fraser. The Vedder runs considerably cooler than the Fraser which means way less stress on the fish. As well, the Vedder fish right now are spawning in the tribs of Chilliwack lake, those fraser fish right now are bound for the Cariboo. Lastly, early fraser sockeye are suffering from supposed low numbers, whereas the Vedder river socks are doing fine. And don't give me any of that endangered Cultas Lake sockeye B.S. those guys aren't around till late fall. The first one passed the fence this past week.

see, that's the problem... now we're getting into symantics. i'm talking principle.  all i'm saying is, if you truly believe in a cause, you don't condradict yourself by doing something wrong, just because its 'the lesser of two evils'....further more, he was the same guy preaching about bb and flossing, yet he hasn't had a problem with selling betties to anyone with $$... knowing full well, sockeye is closed for retention.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
Re: C & R Fraser River sockeye salmon during the closure
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2005, 11:23:18 PM »

The Vedder  runs considerably cooler than the Fraser which means way less stress on the fish.... Lastly, early fraser sockeye are suffering from supposed low numbers, whereas the Vedder river socks are doing fine. 

i'm aware of the situation with the fraser run...but that information comes from the same people who estimated a banner run for this year.....the same people who claim the endangerment of the species...and the same people who just extended the fn fishery.