Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sockeye Seasson?  (Read 5487 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Re: Sockeye Seasson?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2005, 04:53:37 PM »

Mike, there were no commercial openings yesterday (July 24). The only net openings were communal and ceremonial openings in both freshwater and Tidal Fraser River and the target species is chinook salmon.

The early Stuart sockeye estimate has been raised to 130,000 fish but it is still only a small % of the original 258,000 estimate at 50% probability. The raise does not indicate that the fish are not in trouble but people should be cautiously optimistic.

The early Stuart run size has no relationship to the size of the summer runs so it does not indicate when an recreational sockeye opening would be issued.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2005, 05:20:28 PM »

..... and if the early stuarts keep tracking late, and do not meet the 50% forcast, look for NO openings until dfo is satisfied that all the early stuarts are through the mission and hope waters

chuminator

• Level winde
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 11:04:57 PM »

to what Ive herd there might not be a sockeye season...:( >:( sockeyes are the best 2..... but if there is a season Ima gunna be there all the time ;D :D ;) :)
a few things about life......
get paid, get laid, go fishing... theres a quote to live on

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2005, 11:23:06 PM »

i hope theres a season there should be anyways.. in the province it said that 12 million socks as an estimate... so i hope its goes on.