Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Tackle store in Abbotsford?  (Read 6336 times)

allwaysfishin

Re: New Tackle store in Abbotsford?
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2005, 11:37:25 PM »

face it folks, we just don't have the fishery here to support a bass centered shop anyway. I don't know Terry real well but we've met a few times and i'm sure he has the mind to be diverse. Looking forward to checking it out.

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2005, 09:16:34 AM »

Rod-it's not an assumption that Skipper started selling Bass tackle-the photo below is a direct link from his Catalogue main page

I knew the guy when he worked @ Berry's-his main focus was always Bass he helped setup the display they now have.
Look at what he sells for Salmon/Steelhead tackle on his site compared to what he sells for Bass gear the mix is 20 to one in favour of Bass.
I very much agree with Allways that Bass gear is a marginal seller but don't forget where Skipper comes from.
The blandishments of "Vedder, Vedder, Vedder yeah yeah yeah" are just that.

rln

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2005, 01:18:34 PM »

Suppliers of salmon/trout tackle dont want to compete with bass tackle since this is BC and its a salmon/trout fishery.
I don't know how you came up wityh this idea, but if there is money to be made, tackle distributors in BC would and do supply some bass tackle. If the market ever becomes large enough to warrant a supplier stocking a large selection of bass tackle, it will happen. Right now though, you would be lucky to sell enough to warrant the space used in a warehouse.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 01:48:41 PM by rln »