Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Game 7 ?  (Read 11710 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Game 7 ?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2004, 09:24:16 PM »

You bet Koho. Who do you want to win between Houston and St.Louis tommorow? I want the Cards because I am a Larry Walker fan and I also live in Maple Ridge...

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

joedavis

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2004, 10:48:47 PM »

What a game for  Lowe and Damon, eh? The Yanks had no arms left. I noticed that during the stretch drive. Brown is washed up. George S shoud have traded some of his high priced players for some lefties. Did you notice a lot of the Red Sox batters were lefties?

I like Larry Walker too but I think Houston may have the edge in pitching. Walker has to play big tomorrow if the Cards are going to win.

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2004, 11:17:16 PM »

Pitching was their problem all year!  I see a few trades this winter for pitching! Maybe Clemens will retire again and then come back to New York!  What about Martinez! Free Agent!  The curse does not end until they win the World Series!  They have been to the series a few times!  once in 80's and as well in the 70's!  Go Houston!

Koho

• I'm an alpaca!
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2004, 07:36:35 AM »

I like the Cards chances.  They are a great baseball town too, maybe even more so than Boston.  Although it would be interesting to see Clemens and the Astros pitch against the Sox.  It'll be a bit anti-climatic for the Sox, they may be emotionally drained from their Yankees series.  They better not let their guard down in the WS.
"I'm having fish tonight!"  -Bruce, the Shark in Finding Nemo.

joedavis

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2004, 04:55:41 PM »

I agree the WS could be anticlimatic for Bosox, but what the heck, they're in the WS. The Cards, 'Stros and the Sox all have excellent hitting, but if Lowe can pitch like he did last night I think Bosox could win it all.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2004, 09:32:59 PM »

well the Cards and the Sox it is. Lets hope hometown boy Larry Walker brings it back for us......

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Steeler2000

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2004, 09:54:15 PM »

Great to watch the home town boy going to the big game. ;D ;D ;)  Both teams are likable not the like the
other world series where there always seems to be a team there that you hate . >:(
 :D :D :D The yanks are n't there ::) ya baby......  :'( :'(:-* :P

Koho

• I'm an alpaca!
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2004, 07:53:00 AM »

Good for Larry.  Thats why he left the Rockies to come play for a playoff contender.
I think it'll be a great series with 2 teams with stacked lineups.  Boston may have an edge with pitching but they may be a tired team with all those extra inning games they had recently.
"I'm having fish tonight!"  -Bruce, the Shark in Finding Nemo.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2004, 02:19:53 PM »

I agree the Sox have the edge in Pitching both starters and bullpen. The Cards have the slight edge in hitting but with Ramirez and Ortiz and now Damon thats pretty tough as well. Should be a great series. With no hockey all we have is Football and Baseball. Soon its only football I am not much of a basketball fan so it doesnt interest me.

Belong to the "4 F Club"