Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Salmon return data  (Read 3214 times)

Kever

Re: Salmon return data
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2023, 11:17:02 AM »

In my humble opinion the Squamish 2023 pink return was excellent (despite a bit late), at least based on the 4-5 trips I did this year. Had somewhat fresh pinks biting my offerings well into October, which I found unusual. I don't think the Squamish return numbers are tracked like in the Fraser but would be curious to know if my impression is correct.

Also I don't suspect the 2021 floods had a massive impact on other salmon species in the Squamish, since that basin can handle a lot of water and water levels during those weeks were not higher than the freshet average, in fact I went out a few times during November 2021 and the river was quite fishable.

Anecdotally I agree with this, but it was still low compared to 2013 and 2015. 

Unfortunately we are heading into a cycle of poor ocean conditions ie warm temps so we may see poor salmon returns going forward.

roeman

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2023, 03:23:54 PM »

Anecdotally I agree with this, but it was still low compared to 2013 and 2015. 

Why do people feel the need to use words that the majority of people on here have to look up?
And worse, use the word wrong...

Anecdotally meaning.....based on reports or things someone saw rather than on proven facts:
Are you fishin or catchin

GordJ

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2023, 04:02:55 PM »

R u shure that most of us halve two look it up?

Kever

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2023, 10:16:45 AM »

Must be winter, ppl are getting angry.  "Based on my observations" (anecdotally) Squamish had a decent return of pinks this year.  Yay.