Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2020/21 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 20393 times)

bigblue

• Old Timer

Thanks for the update Rod.
Without eyes on the ground there is no way to know of this situation by looking at the river level graph and weather reports.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Surprisingly it is turning around pretty quickly. Here is a photo from Fred's this morning.

https://www.facebook.com/fredscustomtackle/photos/a.502075593215077/3701203926635545

I may go down there later this afternoon to get a better look at it.

Paulo

How is it looking today? Was hoping to head out for tomorrow from Burnaby.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Surprisingly it has turned around pretty quickly.

armytruck

• Old Timer

Fished yesterday, wasn’t to bad . Cloudy and green water . Nothing for me though . Very low pressure to .
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Can't complain about the conditions today, but can complain about my knot tying lol... I even checked the knot before starting since it had already landed one fish a couple of weeks ago.... 20 minutes later, float was buried, a doe around 6 or 7lb put up a pretty good fight. When it got close to the beach, the line snapped at the knot! ::) A few others were heard or seen caught throughout today.

bobby b

Well things turned around for me today. After quite a few skunked days lately... Landed a nice 13-14lb wild and a 10lb Hatchery. Water was a bit coloured up but not too bad. Was also nice not to have freezing fingers for a change... ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Conditions continue to be excellent and so was the fishing yesterday. I managed to release a 12lb wild ten minutes after helping someone else landing his first ever hatchery fish, which weighed in at 13.6lb. :)

alindsey

Any updates with this recent rain?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Conditions remain good this morning despite of the rain, for now.

psd1179

• Old Timer

an 18.80lb fish was weighted in Freds today. Amazing

blueback

Took my son out to the mid river area and taught him how to drift with a level-wind. I was expecting a few bird's nests, but he didn't tangle even once! Showed him the water most likely to contain fish, and generally the basics. Nothing for us (didn't expect anything today, as more of a teaching day). Water was in beauty shape though; nice steelhead green to it and it got sunny out! Time well spent!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Stunning day today and looks like it will be the same for the rest of this week. Conditions have stayed very nice throughout this past week despite of a bit of rain here and there, so it should be fine this whole week unless more slides occur.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

River level is pretty low, water is very clear on most days. The last couple of days it got a little more colour to it which was nice. Some fish have been caught too.